Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied PNC Cashbuilder.

tag
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Denied PNC Cashbuilder.

Blah. I actually wasn't expecting to be approved, but then I had hope since I was already a member of their bank, but still got declined. Pathetic lol. What's PNC's rep with recons? And does anyone have a backdoor number?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Denied PNC Cashbuilder.

Im pretty sure i just read a post this week where someone successfully reconned for the same exact card. Give it a try, worst they can do is say "no"

I dont think we have a BD# for them, so if you cant find one call up and ask to be transferred to an underwriter.
Message 2 of 35
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

I just called the CC Department of PNC, I told them I was denied and wanted to know who I'd have to speak to for recon, and they said that department was gone for today but to give them a call on Monday.  He then gave me the direct number to Underwriting. I'll give them a call on Monday and let you know what happens. Smiley Wink

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

Message 3 of 35
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Good luck!

Message 4 of 35
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Did you make sure to sign in when applying? PNC takes a current relationship into consideration when apply for a card. They really want the card to compliment a deposit account, so if you have one, they are really good about giving you a card.

Message 5 of 35
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

I called and 1) the lady didn't exactly seem like a people person. 2) all she kept saying was I opened too many accounts recently/ I wasn't qualified.

I asked if there was any way they could still reconsider my app and asked if there was any way around the 'too many recent accounts' and all she said was no. Again, not exactly a people person so yous can imagine how the conversation went lol.

Should I give them another call later with hopes of someone else picking up.?

Message 6 of 35
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:
I called and 1) the lady didn't exactly seem like a people person. 2) all she kept saying was I opened too many accounts recently/ I wasn't qualified.

I asked if there was any way they could still reconsider my app and asked if there was any way around the 'too many recent accounts' and all she said was no. Again, not exactly a people person so yous can imagine how the conversation went lol.

I'd try again...you got a bad apple. lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 7 of 35
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I would definitely call back and talk to someone else.
Message 8 of 35
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

I reckon their credit underwriters and dispute people do not get many conversations with customers. I have spoken with both and while they are professional, you can tell that they do not speak to people on the telephone a lot. You only have two cards, so they deem that too many?

Message 9 of 35
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

I will give them a call back after work. Is there anything in particular that will help sway them to manually review my app.?

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.