Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Platinum!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Platinum!

So, now I am ready to garden which will be nice a change instead of always figuring out which card I may or may not get.  I will wait for the Platinum card until my Green reaches 13 months at which time I will upgrade and will also look for a good visa card I was thinking maybe visa black card, I think by then my score should be well over 750.

Reasons for Denial: Fico Experian too low, of 719; too many inquiries; also for not having had my other American Express cards long enough and no installment loans( what is this? And why do I want this type of payment plan? Sounds like it is good, if you like paying interest.

Cards I have: 3 American express cards( 2 charge cards both NPSL and as of 10/15/2012 $12k limit and 1 Costco T.E. limit of $1,200.00), HSBC now Crap1 with low limit of $420, Dillards Amex $1,000, Walmart $800, Firestone Card $900 (never used), 2 other AU's from Crap1 750 and 500.

I think the low limit cards from Crap 1 are hurting me but they are what is giving me my AAOA, so I can not drop them even though I am not a fan of Crap1. I was really surprised that I was denied the Platinum card yesterday. But also I applied on the phone with a rep and was told to check the site in hour I checked it 3 hours later and no application was showing up so I called and was told that there was not an application so I reapplied online and once I was done I went the the status page and sure enough the phone application was sitting right under the application I did online, stupid and I think they pulled credit for both apps, because my score was a 721 the morning I applied so I do not know what really happened because the fact I was crushed via Denial. I should not have reapplied that was just my itchy finger.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied Platinum!

wait so you already have 21 AMEX charge cards?  what do you need a third one for?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 4
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I meant 2, not 21... sorry lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 4
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

LOL

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.