TWMAZ

Denied Platinum!

So, now I am ready to garden which will be nice a change instead of always figuring out which card I may or may not get.  I will wait for the Platinum card until my Green reaches 13 months at which time I will upgrade and will also look for a good visa card I was thinking maybe visa black card, I think by then my score should be well over 750.

Reasons for Denial: Fico Experian too low, of 719; too many inquiries; also for not having had my other American Express cards long enough and no installment loans( what is this? And why do I want this type of payment plan? Sounds like it is good, if you like paying interest.

Cards I have: 3 American express cards( 2 charge cards both NPSL and as of 10/15/2012 $12k limit and 1 Costco T.E. limit of $1,200.00), HSBC now Crap1 with low limit of $420, Dillards Amex $1,000, Walmart $800, Firestone Card $900 (never used), 2 other AU's from Crap1 750 and 500.

I think the low limit cards from Crap 1 are hurting me but they are what is giving me my AAOA, so I can not drop them even though I am not a fan of Crap1. I was really surprised that I was denied the Platinum card yesterday. But also I applied on the phone with a rep and was told to check the site in hour I checked it 3 hours later and no application was showing up so I called and was told that there was not an application so I reapplied online and once I was done I went the the status page and sure enough the phone application was sitting right under the application I did online, stupid and I think they pulled credit for both apps, because my score was a 721 the morning I applied so I do not know what really happened because the fact I was crushed via Denial. I should not have reapplied that was just my itchy finger.

Valued Contributor
ryanbush

Re: Denied Platinum!

wait so you already have 21 AMEX charge cards?  what do you need a third one for?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Valued Contributor
ryanbush

I meant 2, not 21... sorry lol

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Established Contributor
migliogiorni

LOL

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+