Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Savings Acct W/Alliant?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Savings Acct W/Alliant?

@creditreformer wrote:
Thanks tx.  Maybe the cs rep (who was NOT very helpful/wouldn’t say anything beyond ‘you’re denied; letter’s in the mail’) was wrong.  So far, no letter, no email + no hard inq.  Outside of the possibility that my old cell # shows on eq + failing the verification q about a mortgage, I can’t think of why they’d deny me for just a savings acct.  sheesh, even penfed let me have a savings acct.

Do you have any type of EQ service or subscription?  You mentioned "not getting an alert" so I am assuming you have some type of credit monitoring service.  If with EQ, login and look for LOCK (green padlock in unlock position) or LOCKED (red padlock in closed position) anywhere or any other reference about your CR being "locked."  If it is, you need to "unlock" it.  You can also call EQ to ask them if it is locked/frozen.
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got denied a checking account but not a savings account. What the heck?

Message 22 of 23
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

I would recommend a recon with Alliant. They are super friendly and easy to talk to. You don't want to miss a chance to get in with them. Smiley Very Happy

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.