progressivehouse

Denied Target Red Card :(

Hey guys first time poster here, and currently rebuilding my credit.  I recently applied for a Target Red Card online, received the 7-10 day message, and now just received a letter at my house indicating that I was denied because they were unable to verify my phone number, and the number that I provided was a cell phone number.  Anyone else ever get this type of response?  Any success in getting them to reconsider?
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied Target Red Card :(

I would call them up and talk to them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Valued Contributor
jmbfl

progressivehouse wrote:
Hey guys first time poster here, and currently rebuilding my credit.  I recently applied for a Target Red Card online, received the 7-10 day message, and now just received a letter at my house indicating that I was denied because they were unable to verify my phone number, and the number that I provided was a cell phone number.  Anyone else ever get this type of response?  Any success in getting them to reconsider?

Call them. Mobile telephone numbers cannot be confirmed.
Regular Contributor
JmeSunday

Call them quickly.  There's a window (I can't remember how long) and then they won't be able to do anything and you'd have to apply again. 
4/20/09
Me 696 EX, 709 EQ, 739 TU
DH 734 EX, 699 EQ, 758 TU
Established Contributor
cartercorp

same thing happend to me..got the 7 to 10 day message..i called asap and they approved on the spot for a whopping $200 CL
i would call quick fast and in a hurry :smileysurprised:
progressivehouse

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  :smileyhappy:

So after calling Target several times and talking to a couple of different people, I finally got some one on the phone that could help me.  You guys were right!  They just asked me a couple of verification questions, and told me that I was approved and should be receiving my card in 7-10 days.  Whoo-hoo!  Thanks again!
Established Member
KeystoneKutie87

Good for you, ProgressiveHouse. But a word of advice, watch out for that red card. Their APRs are usually pretty high, and they're kind of stingy with their CL's. Yours will probably start off at $200 and a few months later be raised to $500. Keep that util ratio down (it is EASY to go bookoo bananas in Target. I mean, they literally have EVERYTHING... lol.)

Congrats!

Starting Score: 584
Current Score: 623
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+