12-14-2009 06:08 PM
12-14-2009 08:12 PM
i haven't, but i have seen posts on here about people getting denied for too many accounts or for sufficient credit available.
do you know how many accounts cards they had?
12-16-2009 03:24 PM
my mother got denied once for having "sufficient credit available on other Barclays accounts"....she only has one card haha
Barclays will say that if they won't extend anymore credit to you. My mom got this when asking for CLI on her 20k line
12-16-2009 08:53 PM
12-17-2009 06:48 AM
I was denied by Nationwide and the only reason was that I had to many accounts. At the time I had 9 CC's & 5 store cards.
Thanks - that's good to know!
For 800 FICO scores, you'll see experts recommending no more than 10 open accounts (FICO code #28 "Number of Established Accounts"); with no more than 6 bank/national cc accounts (FICO code #4 "Too many bank or national revolving accounts").
Nationwide is on my list - so thanks for the info on what they're looking for!
12-17-2009 04:33 PM
I've never gotten hit by having too many accounts, but I have been slapped up for:
1. Too many accounts reporting a balance;
2. Not enough accounts reporting a balance;
3. Not enough accounts (16); and / or
4. Sufficient credit available considering balances.
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.