Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Twice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied Twice

I have a Capital One card that I've had for one year. I called a backdoor number and just got a credit limit increase of just $250.

Applied for a Citi and a Chase card and was denied for both. Called the backdoor numbers on both and they're denying me for a charge-off from 2004. It was a Discover Card, which I paid off in a settlement offer.

I have a $77 Verizon bill that was paid and has yet to clear my credit report. I was late several times with my car back in 2003 as a result of being laid-off work, but after that, I caught up and paid the car off.

My EQ scores are 674.

I really would like my scores to at least hit 700, but I'm unsure of what to do.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied Twice

You can try the backdoor number for chase and ask for a recon however they usually like to see a min of 12 months of clean credit. They look at more then just the score.
Message 2 of 6
Uniqua
Established Contributor

OP already stated they tried both backdoor numbers and was still denied. OP can try to GW the lates and CO, but 12 months of clean credit is not what it takes for these big boy banks, nor do scores in the 700 range if you have certain derogs on your CRs. If they can "see" it, they will deny app. Amex for one will not even consider you if you have judgments and BK on your CR no matter how old they are. I'd start with the GWs and see if you can get your CRs as clean as possible. Then app again if you don't have a ton of inquiries already.
Message 3 of 6
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I beg to differ. I was approved for a Chase Freedom card with a 610 TU score and a 9.5 y/o Ch 7 BK and a few baddies on the report. However Ive had over 2 years of clean credit and thats one large reason I was able to get it approved.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree w/ Uniqua 100%. Try to call, write, dispute,dv and gw until your record is clean. That's the way I am going with my collection accounts.
Message 5 of 6
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I did the same dvroberts and even after they said they would not update my CRs, I told them I would not quit. I had one 60-day late almost 7 years ago on my student loans. They first said they would update it, then some snobby supervisor refused to do it. As I said, I wasn't going to give up as I only had ONE late in all of 13 years I had been paying off these student loans. Took about 2-3 weeks and they actually removed the late from all 3 CRs. I figured somebody was going to break and it sure as heck wasn't going to be me!

GWs and DVs are always a good start. Calling seems to get me no where, but you can try calling if you wish OP.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.