Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied because of unableness to confirm your identity

tag
Eduardo

Denied because of unableness to confirm your identity

Hi all,

I applied for Walmart CC in one of their stores, then talked by phone with their analyst who asked me about SSN and address. After two weeks I received a mail from GE that they checked SSN, phone and address and their decision "We are unable to confirm your identity with enough confidence to approve your application". 

Does anyone know how to deal with this situation? Does GE have an office where I can come with this letter, ssn and my cell phone?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied because of unableness to confirm your identity

If you received their verification letter to confirm your identity, then send it back with the required information.  Unfortunately, there is no physical GE "office" where you can take this information for proof of identity.  Make sure you provide all the information that was noted.

Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

+1

GE also likes landlines, if they are questioning your address a cellphone without a landline will not work.

Sorry
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
+1

GE also likes landlines, if they are questioning your address a cellphone without a landline will not work.

Sorry

+1

Oh yes, forgot about that part.  They're not fans of cell phone/address mismatch.

Message 4 of 9
Eduardo

We rent an apartment and don't have a landline) I am afraid it's not a kind of verification letter but a denial one(

Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Eduardo wrote:

We rent an apartment and don't have a landline) I am afraid it's not a kind of verification letter but a denial one(

Did it ask for any info?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 9
Eduardo

No, just the statement "If you have any questions bla-bla-bla please write us at the address below ..."

Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Eduardo wrote:

No, just the statement "If you have any questions bla-bla-bla please write us at the address below ..."

Call and ask if there's any info they need to approve you.

The number is in the backdoor thread listed as GE credit/solutions 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 9
chadwick
New Contributor

I got this same letter. Upset about a HP for nothing. I've learned GE may be super friendly and CLI happy once you're in, but boy I can't get in! I even went through their "EO" which is something called Consumer Relations, they didn't help. Emailed some GE execs and no joke about 2 weeks later someone calls me wanting to followup! I was still half asleep when I took her call, but I gave her my info and she said she would work on it. The next day someone calls me from the credit department and says: "Your application couldn't be processed because of a techinal error. Were you still interested?" I say yes, and she says she has to "rekey" my application and puts me on hold for 5 minutes, comes back and says, "Ok, I've rekeyed your application and sent it to the final stage for processing. You'll receive a decision by mail in 7-10 days." Can't wait to see the next denial letter. Oh, and that caused another HP! All this so I can get a 23% apr store card?!?!?!?!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.