cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied but reporting

tag
clz123

Denied but reporting

Just wondering if anyone has ever been denied a cc but have the account listed under Creditor (not just inquiry) and been asked on security questions for credit report that "select who you currently have account with" and answer is the bank that denied you.

Just thought it was weird being listed as a creditor and EX asking my about it, like it existed.

FYI - when I selected none of the above it had me try again.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied but reporting

HUH???  What report is that?  Is it directly from their website??

That's a new one on me!  That was a security q? to access your file?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Makes no sense. Is it listed on the other reports? I would be concerned about ID Theft. Try to get the report again the questions usually don't remain the same.
Message 3 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:

HUH???  What report is that?  Is it directly from their website??

That's a new one on me!  That was a security q? to access your file?

OP is looking to view Experian report from the denied credit page.

Message 4 of 7
clz123

I was on Experian's website - getting the "so-you-been-denied-credit-report" and to set up my account it asked to verify identify. The other questions changed and all the questions changed order.

And why would it be reporting as a creditor?

Message 5 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Did you get to see your report?  They are reporting as a creditor???  If they are, I'd call them & ask what's up with that.  If they're going to report...tell them you want the card...with a CLI to boot! Smiley Very Happy
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

This sounds like either:

a) Identity theft, which would be very coincidental since you did app for credit at this place, or

b) The left hand and the right hand don't know what each other are doing and you were actually granted the account they said you were denied.

I would call the institution and carefully ask about this account. You don't want to put them off if it actually is a good account for you.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.