Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied by Barclay

No. It is another hard pull. REcon Rep told me that it is a seperate App

Message 31 of 90
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I believe the Sup said more utilization because Barclay likes for you to carry balances. JMO

Message 32 of 90
jaeproc
Contributor

Wow I'm really shocked about the utilization I believe that's incorrect. Realistically they want your utilization under 30 percent. And your oldest tradeline is only 9 months, so maybe there is no way possible to underwrite that with barclays. Maybe it's the arrival card I'm pretty sure that's the hardest card to obtain. I think they would have approved you if it was the barclays reward mastercard for average credit. But keep your head up your still a seedling in this crazy credit world!!!! by 2015 you should be good.
Message 33 of 90
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yeah I think the UW on the Arrival is the strictest. I got the Rewards MC with only 6 months history. Straight out denied first attempt. Got it on recon 2nd attempt.
Message 34 of 90
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: ice on BRe: Denied by Barclay

@Jerry45 wrote:

No Dice on Barclay's Recon. Talked to a Female Rep, and then her Female Supervisor. Not Enough payment History, wants to see higher Utilization in the 30% range. Did not help that Walmart has still not reported my payment yet. Polite but condacending, if you ask me.

Okay done whining. Thanks all for your help. Will wait a few months, but I am finished with Barclay's.  Will I ever get a instant approval? Tired of recon departments.

not sure about approvals but for cli/cld barclay likes 30%

barclaycli2.png

Message 35 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Right. Good points Ja. I am done complaining now LOL. I should have realized that no underwriter can approve a top tier card like the Arrival, with  less than a years credit history. Hopefully I will learn from it, and stay away from the Pre Approval sites. Thankfully I did not pull the trigger on Chase Freedom, which pre qualifies me also.

Now that I calmed down, I have nothing against Barclay's, they have a job to do

Message 36 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Baller, I went against my gut instinct. I knew that the Rewards card was the way to go, but I was so wound up dealing with GE Cred Solutions, that I lost my sense.

Message 37 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Re: ice on BRe: Denied by Barclay

Yeah it seems  that way. Found that out too late. Always thought it was 1 to 9% on utlity. Barc Supervisor even told me that they did not care about my Fioc Score either.

Message 38 of 90
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Jerry45 wrote:

Right. Good points Ja. I am done complaining now LOL. I should have realized that no underwriter can approve a top tier card like the Arrival, with  less than a years credit history. Hopefully I will learn from it, and stay away from the Pre Approval sites. Thankfully I did not pull the trigger on Chase Freedom, which pre qualifies me also.

Now that I calmed down, I have nothing against Barclay's, they have a job to do

Others, including me, have reported a better luck with Chase's Pre-approval site. I got an approval from Chase with 689 FICO and one charge off (a repo) still on the credit report (last update 03/2012). Initially I received a 7-10 day message because there was an error on the application. Somehow, the zip code was correct, but the state came up as GA rather than FL for some reason. So upon calling them, this nice lady put me on hold, corrected the information and then came back and said you were approved.

Not saying you should app for Chase, just giving you my experience.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 39 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info. Pretty much cannot do anything with my oldest TL at 9 months. Have to sweat out 3 more months I guess.  I just want to be at the point someday. when I got a instant approval LOL. Sick of drinking wine and dealing with Recon departments

Message 40 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.