Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Barclay

tag
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Denied by Barclay

Well, I had a banner night. Got denied by India Credit Solutions on a CLI for my Walmart Discover(Talked to 3 different reps, including a Supervisor) and then I doubled down on the Craps Table and fell for the Pre Selected Barclays Scam on the Arrival. got the 7-10 Message, and then checked the status on their link and was 86'ed.

Of course their credit departement is closed tonight. 722 TU FICO score gets me a Denied T shirt LOL!!!

Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

lver LiningRe: Denied by Barclay

The Silver Lining in this, is that at least my friends here, will realize that Pre Selected at the Barclay's means nothing. Hopefully nobody here will risk a Hard Pull in the future. Many have helped me here on rebuilding, now at least I can pass some advice along to others.

Message 2 of 90
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Re: lver LiningRe: Denied by Barclay

Thanks for the info, sorry about the denial. Did Credit Solutions tell you why you were denied? I was approved by CS two months ago and ready to call them again and go for another increase!

Message 3 of 90
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Which Barclaycard were you applying for?  Any other Barclaycards?  How many inq and new accts?

Message 4 of 90
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Denied by Barclay

Definitely recon Barclay. They are very good on recon call them from backdoor numbers.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 90
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yes yes yes recon Barclays. Don't waste that hp
Message 6 of 90
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry about the denial op. I would 100% recon with Barclay's. However, just cause u have a 722 credit score does not mean you will automatically get approved. There are a lot of other factors than just a credit score.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 7 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

No explanation, just the you will get a letter. The Reps at GE would not even small talk, just looked at their computer and basically tried to get me off the phone. Whatever

Message 8 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I screwed up. Went for the Arrival as I was Pre Selected with the Congrats message. 9 months history with 3 TL's and one Inquiry at Transunion. Walmart Discover is two months old

Message 9 of 90
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I will baller. On the other hand, GE Credit Solutions is a tough nut to crack

Message 10 of 90
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.