Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Barclays? WTF!?

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Denied by Barclays? WTF!?

I pulled my FICO scores this morning, TU was a 690 and I need a new laptop so I figured it should be a sure thing. I recently paid off all of my CC balances. In any case, I was denied for the following. What the hell does this mean? ALL OF MY ACCOUNTS ARE CURRENT! NOTHING IS LATE! EVERYHTING IS PAID IN FULL EXCEPT MY STUDENT LOAN AND CAR! MY CREDIT HISTORY SPANS 9 YEARS! ANY IDEAS! i AM PISSED!

Barclays Bank Delaware uses a credit scoring system to process applications. This system assigns a numerical value to the various items of information we consider when evaluating an application. These numerical values are based upon the results of analyses of repayment histories of large numbers of customers.

Based on the information you provided in your application, you did not score enough points when compared with other applicants. The primary reasons you did not score enough points are listed below:

• Low available credit on existing credit card(s)
  • Low number of satisfactory accounts
  • Insufficient credit history

In evaluating your application, the consumer reporting agency listed below provided us with information that in whole or in part influenced our decision. The reporting agency played no part in our decision other than providing us with credit information about you, and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you have a right to know the information provided to us. You can obtain it by contacting: TRANS UNION, P.O. Box 1000, CHESTER, PA  19022-1000, 800-888-4213

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied by Barclays? WTF!?

maybe you have a thin file?  maybe they thought you didn't have ENOUGH accounts...idk, since idk what's on your reports.

Message 2 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Thats possible I guess..... I only have 4 charge accounts currently open, one student loan, and my auto loan through Lexus/Toyota. All other charge accounts I have had over the years i closed or the banks closed 3-4 years ago since I was never using them. Im not a big fan of credit cards unless its for travel or online purchases.

800+ Club
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't you call the 408 number and recon. They are supposed to be pretty good about reconsiderations because they look at your entire picture, not just your score.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

866-408-4064

Message 5 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Calling now

800+ Club
Message 6 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Spoke with a rep and got a manual review and approved me without any issues. It would seem 2 of my student loans I consolidated are showing as 120 days past due, even though the balance is showing paid in full. This was a Wells Fargo error from long ago, when I did a consolidation and they dropped the ball and only consolidated 6 of 8 student loans. That triggered an immediate denial.

Next step, call Wells Fargo and yell. They need to show the accounts as satisfied and paid in full.

800+ Club
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good stuff, OP!  Was this the Barclays card for Apple products, with the special financing?

Message 8 of 13
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

This was the card.

http://store.apple.com/us/instant_credit?mco=MTM3NDc1NjQ

Barclaycard Financing Visa Card

• Get 18 months deferred interest on your first Apple purchase of more than $2500 or more. If balances are not paid in full within 18 months, interest will be charged from the purchase date at a 22.99% variable APR.1

• Get 12 months deferred interest on your first Apple purchase of more than $900 but less than $2500. If balances are not paid in full within 12 months, interest will be charged from the purchase date at a 22.99% variable APR.1

• Get 6 months deferred interest on your first Apple purchase of less than $900. If balances are not paid in full within 6 months, interest will be charged from the purchase date at a 22.99% variable APR.1

• The purchase APR is currently 22.99%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. See Financing Specific Disclosures below for more detail.
  • No Annual Fee.2

800+ Club
Message 9 of 13
tray
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, you see how you just did not say well the heck with this and just left it alone which would have been a wasted inquiry some people end up doing this,  but you called for reconsideration and did it enjoy your new card and computer.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.