Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Hooters(Merrick Bank)!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied by Hooters(Merrick Bank)!!!

I applied for a Hooters credit card and was denied told they me the main reasons is revolving accounts  were too new. I have 3 CC's (Cap 1 @ $500 / Orchard Bank @ $300/ Target @ $200)  opened since May 2008, plus 1 new auto loan thru Cap One Auto Finance. Only other open accounts  prior to my BK discharge in 7/07 is mortgage, student loan and a few small CA's(less than $300 total). Credit dept rep says need to have revolving lines at least 6months reporting to get approval.
Scores are EQ-585/TU-625/EX-615.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied by Hooters(Merrick Bank)!!!

I think you just tried to apply for way too much credit way too soon. You mentioned that your accounts have only been opened since May 2008. Let it mature for at least a good six months before applying for more credit. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree John I just caught the credit app bug for a minuteSmiley Very HappyAnyways I will cool it for at least 5 more months then apply for 2 major cards with higher limits. I am still working on cleaning up my CR's from the Chapter 7 so that should occupy my time for awhile.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think they might be tighten up, I applied last year in Oct with a credit score of TU 588 and got denyed so I waited till June 18, 08 with my credit score TU being 644 and again the denyed me.
Reason : To short of Credit History ( 3 years) and Collections (4 medical accts)
Message 4 of 9
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Yeah, Hooters seems to have really tightened up since they had the approve-o-rama back in October. I think back then they had just started issuing cards, and maybe wanted to be known as generous with CLs to get people to apply. Now that they have many customers, they tightened up.

I also agree that you should let your shiny new accounts age OP. Once they hit 6 months and a year, you're sure to gain some points for them, as well as help your average age.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Why not wait until the accounts age a bit. You already have two rebuilder cards now. Hooters is just overkill. Get the scores up and some payment history established and get a better card. Just MHO.
Message 6 of 9
USC08
Frequent Contributor

When getting the 7-10 message, when is the best to call them??
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 7 of 9
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

hooters is funny.  i apped in 4/08 w/ 15 TU INQs and multiple baddies (Though no new 1s since 03).  denied....even though i received a cap 1, target red, and BA 99/500 @ the same time

7/08- i app for hooters again (trying to replace first premier and hooters is an easy way to do that).  TU INQs had dropped to 0, but there was NO other difference in utilization etc...though the 3 ccs i got in 4/08 had started reporting.  approved.

usc, i called hooters 3 days after the 7-10 day message and was told i was approved.  rep said they didn't have my acct # yet, so couldn't tell me the CL.  still waiting for the cc to arrive.
Message 8 of 9
USC08
Frequent Contributor

ok thanks
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.