cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by US Bank due to Advanced Resolution Services decision?

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied by US Bank due to Advanced Resolution Services decision?

@thelizardking69k wrote:

I was recently approved for a US Bank CC and I was so pleased with the limit I got the app itch and tried for another, but even with a 771 I got declined. So I called to ask for a recon and was told the decision was made by Advanced Resolution Services and I should speak with them. I called them and they said they don't make approval or denial decisions so they can't recon. All they can do is send me a copy of their report so I can check it for accuracy after I send in a long list of required documents.

What gives? If they don't make the decision, can I just try US Bank again? This seems ridiculous. But I don't want to waste a hard inquiry, especially when I know I meet their actual guidelines for approval.

Hey thelizardking69k!

just curious.  Did they pull any other CRA report too or just ARS?  If so, which one?  I'm sorry to hear about the denial again!  Sucks!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 18
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Hey thelizardking69k!

just curious.  Did they pull any other CRA report too or just ARS?  If so, which one?  I'm sorry to hear about the denial again!  Sucks!

+1

Did they?

It would seem that a big bank like US Bank would pull a CR from the majors.  Not some 3rd rate "ARS" thing that nobody's ever heard of.

Message 12 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

It would seem that a big bank like US Bank would pull a CR from the majors.  Not some 3rd rate "ARS" thing that nobody's ever heard of.

Of course they pulled a major CR. For me it was EQ.

Message 13 of 18
thelizardking69k
Established Member

They pulled Experian for me, then ARS for some reason.

It doesn't look as though they did a second hard inquiry for the second application. The denial letter they sent indicated my score from Experian was 771 on 10/10, which was the date of the application for the first card. Maybe they went to ARS after the second application. I'm not sure.

Message 14 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@thelizardking69k wrote:

They pulled Experian for me, then ARS for some reason.

It doesn't look as though they did a second hard inquiry for the second application. The denial letter they sent indicated my score from Experian was 771 on 10/10, which was the date of the application for the first card. Maybe they went to ARS after the second application. I'm not sure.

They pull ARS for everyone as far as I can tell. It is common for a lender to use multiple CRs during an application.

Message 15 of 18
thelizardking69k
Established Member

Re: Denied by US Bank due to Advanced Resolution Services decision? *Update*

When I asked for the recon and was denied for the second time I just let it go, but a few weeks passed and suddenly a new account just popped up on my online banking. I called to make sure it wasn't a mistake on their part and sure enough, I got the second card after all with an equal limit to the first. I don't get it, but I'll take it.

Message 16 of 18
HiLine
Blogger

@thelizardking69k wrote:

When I asked for the recon and was denied for the second time I just let it go, but a few weeks passed and suddenly a new account just popped up on my online banking. I called to make sure it wasn't a mistake on their part and sure enough, I got the second card after all with an equal limit to the first. I don't get it, but I'll take it.

They gave you two cards of the same type? That's hilarious. Congratulations by the way! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

wow, that is awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

I am curious, how much credit limit did they give you?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.