Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied chase freedom - Recon Address and SSN verification- Please advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied chase freedom - Recon Address and SSN verification- Please advice

I am new to this community. I have BOA power rewards card for about 3 years now with $900 CL(Yeh never really asked for CLI). My Equifax score is 675 and transunion is 685(sucks),  i applied yesterday for a chase freedom and received the 7-10 days wait thing.

So I called the backdoor number and they gave me the reasons for denail saying delinquencies and low credit limit and stuff. I gave them some reasons and the person put me on hold and told me that they woule need address verification and SSN verification which I faxed over asap.

I called today and the guy said it would take 2 weeks to process this information which is strange because the first lady said that I should call in 24-48 hrs. What do you guys think? Should I wait for 2 weeks or call in again and say what?

MAN i really need this card lol!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
firstladyd
Contributor

Re: Denied chasefreedom - Recon Address and SSN verification- Please advice

I would call again. All they needed was a utility bill and s.s.card. That doesn't take 2 weeks. Get a different person on the phone.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied chase freedom - Recon Address and SSN verification- Please advice

@Anonymous wrote:

MAN i really need this card lol!!!

It is very hard to get credit when you "need" it. I hope you meant "want" **bleep**

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Im actually going through the same thing.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them again and this time the person said that I already called them a couple of hours ago and it would take 5 days to get the records on file. I will probably not wait for 5 days, maybe call in tomorrow and see whats the update.

And yes I 'want' the card. I have a 65K Salary and haven't really given creadit cards too much emphasis. I was mainly relying on my debit card. But I realized that it will be important to get an increase in credit limits and new cards. I have a delinquency on my credit history which I am currently disputing. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 6
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Well I justed called about the docs I faxed over. Yes they got them with took 6 days to get. I know it doesnt take 6 days to get a darn fax but anyway. They claim the fax is readable but to dark. What? Seriously? If its to dark it shouldnt be readable in my opinion. So they gave me there mailing address to send it to. Overnight and cerified mail it to go today.

Hopefully you dont have the same issues Im having

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.