cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied credit card

Established Member

Denied credit card

Hi to all MyFico members

recently i applied to the Teamsters  credit card and got denied . In the email they send me they state my equifax score is 618 but i checked my fico equifax score today and it is 702.. now i applied for the card on 2/15/14 and checked my fico score today on 2/22/14 could a couple of days really increase my total score like that ? I just paid a $423 balance on a $1000 CL

$3,000$4,000 $3,500 $1,000 $1,700 $1,300 $3,000 My Fico scores EX674,EQ702,TU729
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied credit card

Did you any alerts stating the reason(s)for the increase?

Message 2 of 4

Unless that CC balance has updated at the CRA it would not make a difference, its probably due to a difference in FICO Models being used to generate the score, its also possible the score you were given with the decline is an internal model and not a FICO at all, if it doesnt say FICO its not a FICO.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Message 3 of 4
Mega Contributor

gdale6 wrote:

Unless that CC balance has updated at the CRA it would not make a difference, its probably due to a difference in FICO Models being used to generate the score, its also possible the score you were given with the decline is an internal model and not a FICO at all, if it doesnt say FICO its not a FICO.

+1 Welcome to the forum!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $13.5k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $4.85k / Citi DC (WMC) $7.1k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 4