Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied, denied, & denied again

tag
Sha80
New Contributor

Re: Denied, denied, & denied again

I had to update this thread. After feeling like dirt after 3 denials, I took the plunge & applied for Chase Freedom & was denied. Called to recon & was approved for a $500 limit Saturday. Limit is low but something. Actually higher than my DH who has a $5000 Discover It yet Chase only gave him $300. I'm moving forward, they pulled my Experian at 648. I also got my denial from Discover & listed reason is BANKRUPTCY in all caps LOL. My FICO for the Equifax they pulled is 652.
Starting Score: EQ: 605 (10/21/2012) Trans/Walmart: 641(10/26/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 678 (4/9/13) Trans/Walmart: 693 (5/13/13) EX: 648 (4/10/13) Lender pull

Message 21 of 30
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Thanks mikey for the suggestion and I would highly consider it if the card wasn't backed by Citi. I burned Citi in my Ch 7 BK in 2003. The CL was $2700. I am steering clear from Citi plus I heard their underwriting policies are pretty stiff and that recon is difficult. I have a Best Buy store card that will soon be backed by Citi so we will see what happens with that. You have a great limit based on where you are now relative to your filing date. Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 22 of 30
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP on getting in the door with Chase. I only got $1000 limits on Freedom and Discover It. You are on your way! Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 23 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Sha80 wrote:
I had to update this thread. After feeling like dirt after 3 denials, I took the plunge & applied for Chase Freedom & was denied. Called to recon & was approved for a $500 limit Saturday. Limit is low but something. Actually higher than my DH who has a $5000 Discover It yet Chase only gave him $300. I'm moving forward, they pulled my Experian at 648. I also got my denial from Discover & listed reason is BANKRUPTCY in all caps LOL. My FICO for the Equifax they pulled is 652.

Congrats so happy it worked out for you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 24 of 30
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@Sha80 wrote:

Congrats!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 25 of 30
Sha80
New Contributor

Thanks everyone. I'm headed to the garden until December. I'm aiming for an auto loan then.
Starting Score: EQ: 605 (10/21/2012) Trans/Walmart: 641(10/26/2012)
Current Score: EQ: 678 (4/9/13) Trans/Walmart: 693 (5/13/13) EX: 648 (4/10/13) Lender pull

Message 26 of 30
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

I talked to a Discover underwriter about a month ago and she told me 24 months post ch7.  I called up and pretended like I was thinking about applying and asked her what their requirements are.  She wouldn't tell me what scores they want because its proprietary information.

I was at a 684 and the only issue they had was debt "supposedly" but my friend was able to get approved for $3500 on pre-approval online with about 95% util and a bk while fast forward to this year and my partner with spotless credit only got 4500 so they have the ODDEST computer system to me I just don't understand what they consider okay debt vs bad debt vs....

I got approved 22 months post BK 7.....

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 27 of 30
bk510
Valued Contributor

@mikey4833 wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

I talked to a Discover underwriter about a month ago and she told me 24 months post ch7.  I called up and pretended like I was thinking about applying and asked her what their requirements are.  She wouldn't tell me what scores they want because its proprietary information.

I am almost at 4 years 3 months away and Discover declined me for bankruptcy after they told me all I had to do was clean 2 charge offs from Swiss Colony from my credit which I did and my highest Fico is 718 and the one they pulled was 661 equifax. I opened a new message on this earlier and I got all different answers over 4 years 6 years, etc.. Discover New accounts dept wouldn't tell me when the cut off time is... 

approved.....22 months out of bk.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 28 of 30
bk510
Valued Contributor

@phoenix_one wrote:
The BK does not only have to be discharged but it has to be cleared from your credit report.

As long ANY derogatory information shows on your CR, it will be used against you.

I had to wait until my Chapter 13 fell off my records for me to be approved for prime cards.

It's OVERATED!!!!!!

Message 29 of 30
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Citi, Discover and Chase all approved 8 years after Chapter 7 BK. Amex took 9 years after

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.