Regular Contributor
MsQueenB

Re: Denied for Amex Blue

Hi to all you "credit happy" folks!  I haven't been on in a while so PLEASE forgive me for asking this because I know it's been answered before.  Just be patient with me and no rude replies.:smileytongue:

What, exactly, is the diff between a "soft" pull and a "hard" one?  I want to apply for the Costco AMEX card to go along with my Blue, but if it means another inquiry, I don't think so.

Thank you!
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

soft only you see and hard everyone else that pulls your credit sees.
amex softs for cli and stuff like that but I THINK for new account they will need to hard.
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
MsQueenB

Thank you, creditaddict.  So, I guess it's safe to proceed.  I alwyas see an offer to apply for another AMEX above my Account Summary.  I remember someone saying a while back that was a "pre-approval" offer.  I'll try it and let everyone know.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Also, the most important difference is that hard pulls count against your score for a year, while soft pulls don't count against you at all.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}