Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for BBVA Compass Clearpoints

tag
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Denied for BBVA Compass Clearpoints

I thought they pulled TU, had my EQ and EX frozen.  Denied since they tried to pull from EQ instead.  Strange.  I show no HPs from last week on my TU either. 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Denied for BBVA Compass Clearpoints

That is weird since they have been known to pull TU exclusively!

Message 2 of 7
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Yea. He kept telling me on the phone to call EQ and ask for there denial reason.   I told him it was frozen and thats why.  And asked why he didn't pull TU, and he said he didnt know why but to call EQ and ask for denial reason.  Its no mystery if the report is frozen.

I have never had any banking relationship or other credit cards with Compass.  Also i am located in Northern CA, if possibly that may be a reason they pull EQ?

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 3 of 7
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

I thought they pulled TU, had my EQ and EX frozen.  Denied since they tried to pull from EQ instead.  Strange.  I show no HPs from last week on my TU either. 

Sorry for the denied! When IOU apply for a new card you been to have all your reports unfroozen! 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Call the credit dept of BBVA Compass, ask for a credit analyist, when you get one ask that they pull TUinstead of EQ. There is 50-50 chance they will,good luck

Message 5 of 7
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@weehoo wrote:

As a point of advice, lenders are known to switch CB they pull from time to time which is why you should have all of your account unfrozed when pulling credit. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 6 of 7
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@weehoo wrote:

As a point of advice, lenders are known to switch CB they pull from time to time which is why you should have all of your account unfrozed when pulling credit. 

Then again, I bank with them and its hard to get approved with them for freaking anything, regardless of your credit score and history.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.