cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for BOFA fully secured...(update p2)

Regular Contributor

Denied for BOFA fully secured...(update p2)

I just applied online for the fully secured Bank of America card and was declined (message on the app status screen is below).  That's it for me; I guess no second card is in my future anytime soon.  Smiley Wink

 

Your credit card application decision.

 

Thank you for your application for a Bank of America credit card account. We regret we're unable to approve your request at this time. We will mail you information regarding our decision in the next 25-30 days.

Message Edited by helplessintn on 08-17-2009 02:28 PM
EQ: 686
TU: 694
EX: ???
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...


helplessintn wrote:

I just applied online for the fully secured Bank of America card and was declined (message on the app status screen is below).  That's it for me; I guess no second card is in my future anytime soon.  Smiley Wink

 

Your credit card application decision.

 

Thank you for your application for a Bank of America credit card account. We regret we're unable to approve your request at this time. We will mail you information regarding our decision in the next 25-30 days.


 

I would call a credit analyst at: 800-318-6649 and ask them to look at your app. It can't hurt.
Message 2 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...

Call the Secured departments and they can help you out. 888 260 4696

Don't give up hope, you can always ask!

Message 3 of 18
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...

Never waste an app/INQ - always question unfavorable results.
Message 4 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...

Thanks.  I tried calling, but no dice.  They said it was because of a delinquency and a public record (I have a judgement from 2002 that's falling off later this year). 

 

The score simulator thinks I'll gain points with an added card, so I've been wondering if I should try it and now I know it's probably not going to happen for me right now.  At least that tells me to focus my energy elsewhere.

 

I didn't talk to the secured section (I was told they were gone for the day), but I guess I'll try them tomorrow.  What do I say?  Just ask if there's any chance they'll reconsider?

 

There are two judgements on my EX report that are aging off soon, and they show as unpaid because the creditor never updated the court that I paid them (I've been bugging them for months to fix that) - I have a letter saying I don't owe them, though.  I will ask if that's an issue and offer to fax them the letter if it makes a difference.  I doubt it, but I can ask.

 

Message Edited by helplessintn on 08-14-2009 02:12 PM
EQ: 686
TU: 694
EX: ???
Message 5 of 18
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...


helplessintn wrote:

Thanks.  I tried calling, but no dice.  They said it was because of a delinquency and a public record (I have a judgement from 2002 that's falling off later this year). 

 

The score simulator thinks I'll gain points with an added card, so I've been wondering if I should try it and now I know it's probably not going to happen for me right now.  At least that tells me to focus my energy elsewhere.

 

I didn't talk to the secured section (I was told they were gone for the day), but I guess I'll try them tomorrow.  What do I say?  Just ask if there's any chance they'll reconsider?


Were those items paid or unpaid?

Message 6 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...

Here's the thing: if you apply for secured card, talk to the secured department.

I have secured cards with them, they work with you..

BoA secured card is in Pheonix AZ, so call them up and ask them for approval to rebuild credit and or explain your situation....

 

Message 7 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...


creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

helplessintn wrote:

Thanks.  I tried calling, but no dice.  They said it was because of a delinquency and a public record (I have a judgement from 2002 that's falling off later this year). 

 

The score simulator thinks I'll gain points with an added card, so I've been wondering if I should try it and now I know it's probably not going to happen for me right now.  At least that tells me to focus my energy elsewhere.

 

I didn't talk to the secured section (I was told they were gone for the day), but I guess I'll try them tomorrow.  What do I say?  Just ask if there's any chance they'll reconsider?


Were those items paid or unpaid?


 

The only unpaid item on my reports is an old charge-off that's aging soon (I plan to pay it, but after it comes off so as not to have it hurt my scores even more). 

 

The judgements show as unpaid, but they aren't.  I have a letter from the creditor from 2003 that says they were paid, but the creditor still has not updated the courts.  They keep giving me the run-around.  I have been calling them every week for two months now, and I always get some excuse about waiting on their lawyer to call them back.  I called a lawyer myself and he suggested I send a letter to their attorney, but I'm afraid if I ratchet things up they will stop taking my calls entirely, and I don't want to have to pay a lawyer to get them to fix things if i don't have to.

EQ: 686
TU: 694
EX: ???
Message 8 of 18
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...

I called a second time and explained that the judgements were actually paid, and offered to forward a letter to that effect.  They gave me a fax number and a reference number for the application and said I could request reconsideration.

I wrote a letter of explanation on a few of the baddies and faxed that with the letter to the number I was given. 

 

I guess now I just wait and see.  I suppose I'll call back tomorrow or Monday to see if they received it.  Has anyone else done this - sent a letter via fax - and had results?

EQ: 686
TU: 694
EX: ???
Message 9 of 18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied for BOFA fully secured...

If they request, then it's a good sign..I told you they will work with you if you ask..

 

Message 10 of 18