Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Barclays USAirways

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Barclays 4k Rejected their offer

That's also a card with an uncertain future, so not sure how much effort it is worth expending on.

Message 11 of 48
Layered
Established Member

Maybe offtopic but... why not just get the Chase Sapphire Preferred if you travel a lot? You can even request for the plastic version if you are worried about the metal version not working in certain countries.

Message 12 of 48
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Does UR transfer to US Air?

Message 13 of 48
power1234

Layered, I would love to but I can't for some specific reasons.Maybe next year when I am eligible for that

@Layered wrote:

Maybe offtopic but... why not just get the Chase Sapphire Preferred if you travel a lot? You can even request for the plastic version if you are worried about the metal version not working in certain countries.

Message 14 of 48
power1234

@bs6054 wrote:

I am not understanding your question iam sorry can you be more specific?

Message 15 of 48
Layered
Established Member

@power1234 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

He's talking about the Chase UR (Ultimate Rewards) Points. I think you can use US Air with UR once you transfer points to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club according to the review below

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/04/chase-ultimate-rewards-adds-virgin-atlantic-as-new-airline-transfer-...

Virgin Atlantic also has an interesting roster of airline partners including: Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Cyprus Airlines, Gulf Air, Hawaiian Airlines, Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, SAS, Singapore Airlines, South African Airwyas, US Airways, Virgin America and Virgin Australia. Now, Virgin Atlantic is a little cagey when it comes to redemptions – it doesn’t publish charts for partner award redemptions and you have to call in to book awards, but its addition to Ultimate Rewards does open up award flights on all these airlines to members of the program as well.

Message 16 of 48
power1234

Let me call them again and see what happen

Message 17 of 48
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Layered wrote:

@power1234 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

He's talking about the Chase UR (Ultimate Rewards) Points. I think you can use US Air with UR once you transfer points to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club according to the review below

http://thepointsguy.com/2013/04/chase-ultimate-rewards-adds-virgin-atlantic-as-new-airline-transfer-...

Virgin Atlantic also has an interesting roster of airline partners including: Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Cyprus Airlines, Gulf Air, Hawaiian Airlines, Jet Airways, Malaysia Airlines, SAS, Singapore Airlines, South African Airwyas, US Airways, Virgin America and Virgin Australia. Now, Virgin Atlantic is a little cagey when it comes to redemptions – it doesn’t publish charts for partner award redemptions and you have to call in to book awards, but its addition to Ultimate Rewards does open up award flights on all these airlines to members of the program as well.

Yes, thanks.  So the add of Virgin does seem to add a lot of value to UR.  power1234, I was assuming you wanted miles on US Air (hence applying for the card) and I wasn't sure that the suggestion of the Chase Sapphire Preferred would meet that need, but from the above it does.

But, as I said in an earlier post, with AA/US Air merger, it's not clear what will happen to this card.  US Air miles might get converted to AA miles, but a lot of speculation is that Citi's AA cards will be the ones that survive, and that the Barclay US Air card would be transformed into another Barclays product.   Which may or may not be fine!

Message 18 of 48
toppers555
Established Contributor

Well if you have 6 lines of credit open already that is 120k in credit available, Not to mention you said your score is only 720. . Perhaps they had good reason to initally offer 4k. Unless I am missing something I don't see where analyst may not have had a vaild point. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 19 of 48
HiLine
Blogger

I'm a little confused - what's wrong with having a 4k limit credit card?

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.