Reply
Regular Contributor
toytoy
Posts: 157
Registered: ‎03-12-2010
0

Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card

Called me confused. So I have been released from CA and my doctor wanted me to fly direct so I had to cancel ticket and buy a new one. On website and it says buy ticket with Bill Me Later so I apply and it says sorry can't be approved at this time. I received e notification but it wont let me open on reason for denial and it tells me to expect it in mail.

 

Fast forward to now: buying vitamins on Amazon and it is offering a $30 gift card if you get approve. So I said why not. I am waiting for denial screen and I get 

Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card from Chase
Visa Card Image
Congratulations My name You have been approved for the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card with a temporary credit limit of $3,000.00.
Colored me surprised. Wait is this is a Chase Card? So does that mean I won't get the nice increases that the store card provides. Darn it.
Oh also the Old Navy Visa Card that I was approved for a few weeks ago was for $2000 and not $1000 as it originally listed. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
bichonmom
Posts: 3,318
Registered: ‎05-05-2011
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card

BML is a bit strange. They can deny you if they're unable to verify something with your identity; which doesn't mean you're really denied. You should be able to call and have them look up your info. If it's just a matter of verifying, you'll be approved. The good and bad: they don't report to the CRBs. So, you don't get a CL to help w/util; but you also don't get the ding of a new acct on your AAoA. Nor does it negatively affect your util when you have a balance.

 

IME, it's best used w/eBay because they have really good financing offers @ 0% for 6 mos.

 

You've already gotten the ding for the inq, so I'd go ahead and call if I were you.

 

Congrats on the Amazon. I believe that you have to choose *which* Amazon card you want. They are separate apps. But the Chase card is nice and you got a good CL. The only benefit IMO w/the GE Amazon card is the financing, which only applies if you're making a big purchase. Otherwise, I actually think you're better off with the Chase card. :smileyhappy:

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Established Contributor
logan_720
Posts: 608
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card

Special financing with Amazon using the store card, issued by GECRB starts at any order $149 and above, so you don't have to spend a lot. And its pretty simplw to put a $150 order together.

Valued Contributor
boomhower
Posts: 1,863
Registered: ‎09-20-2011
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card


logan_720 wrote:

Special financing with Amazon using the store card, issued by GECRB starts at any order $149 and above, so you don't have to spend a lot. And its pretty simplw to put a $150 order together.


Yep, and the 24 month for larger purchases is very nice as well.

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card


toytoy wrote:

Called me confused. So I have been released from CA and my doctor wanted me to fly direct so I had to cancel ticket and buy a new one. On website and it says buy ticket with Bill Me Later so I apply and it says sorry can't be approved at this time. I received e notification but it wont let me open on reason for denial and it tells me to expect it in mail.

 

Fast forward to now: buying vitamins on Amazon and it is offering a $30 gift card if you get approve. So I said why not. I am waiting for denial screen and I get 

Amazon.com Rewards Visa® Card from Chase
Visa Card Image
Congratulations My name You have been approved for the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card with a temporary credit limit of $3,000.00.
Colored me surprised. Wait is this is a Chase Card? So does that mean I won't get the nice increases that the store card provides. Darn it.
Oh also the Old Navy Visa Card that I was approved for a few weeks ago was for $2000 and not $1000 as it originally listed. 

Congrats on the Chase approval!!!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
toytoy
Posts: 157
Registered: ‎03-12-2010
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card


bichonmom wrote:

BML is a bit strange. They can deny you if they're unable to verify something with your identity; which doesn't mean you're really denied. You should be able to call and have them look up your info. If it's just a matter of verifying, you'll be approved. The good and bad: they don't report to the CRBs. So, you don't get a CL to help w/util; but you also don't get the ding of a new acct on your AAoA. Nor does it negatively affect your util when you have a balance.

 

IME, it's best used w/eBay because they have really good financing offers @ 0% for 6 mos.

 

You've already gotten the ding for the inq, so I'd go ahead and call if I were you.

 

Congrats on the Amazon. I believe that you have to choose *which* Amazon card you want. They are separate apps. But the Chase card is nice and you got a good CL. The only benefit IMO w/the GE Amazon card is the financing, which only applies if you're making a big purchase. Otherwise, I actually think you're better off with the Chase card. :smileyhappy:

 

 


So I called BML bc I still could not open email. He told me that I probably have entered some incorrect information on my app and to app again. After I got off phone with him I pulled the email up in IE (which I do not use) and finally was able to open. It said 

We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reasons:

 

Your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you.

 

So I pull up all my Credit Reports and not one pull so I didn't try again. I will keep an eye out but I think I escaped.

 

Yeah it didn't give me option for store or Chase Card. It only had the Chase Card but after I poked around after being approved I saw I could apply for store card but I will just leave it be.

 


Thanks BichonMom. 

 


Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
toytoy
Posts: 157
Registered: ‎03-12-2010
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card

Thanks sooooooo much. I am in supposed to be in Garden Mode. 


Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
RyVision
Posts: 1,346
Registered: ‎04-15-2011
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card

Toytoy;

 

After seeing your scores I would have been shocked if the denial had been anything other than what you found out.   Bichonmom was right on target with that. Great example of these forums having so many people with great answers.

 

And really, isn't the card you ended up with really a lot better. That is a great starting CL with that card from what I remember reading.

 

Major Congrats!!  :smileyhappy:

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card


toytoy wrote:

Thanks sooooooo much. I am in supposed to be in Garden Mode. 


:smileysurprised:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006
Posts: 1,971
Registered: ‎02-06-2011
0

Re: Denied for Bill me Later but approved for Amazon Visa Card


RyVision wrote:

Toytoy;

 

After seeing your scores I would have been shocked if the denial had been anything other than what you found out.   Bichonmom was right on target with that. Great example of these forums having so many people with great answers.

 

And really, isn't the card you ended up with really a lot better. That is a great starting CL with that card from what I remember reading.

 

Major Congrats!!  :smileyhappy:


+1 to what I highlighted.

 

And I also agree with your scores, I would have been shocked if you were denied the BML account for that reason.

 

Congratulations on your new Chase Card, very nice initial CL as well.

 

 


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}