Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Blue Cash CLI.. How embarrassing.. Im confused

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for Blue Cash CLI.. How embarrassing.. Im confused

op...perhaps you should've waited for your util balance to show up before the cli request? regardless, sorry to hear of your denied cli Smiley Sad

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 11 of 15
MannyG
Established Member

UPDATE ALERT!!!

WELL WELL WELL!!

Look how the tables have turned.. So i figured Amex pulled up my 651 EXP score..
So i googled which CC lenders use EQ scores.. Multiple sources said Discover and Chase Freedom

So I applied for Discover iT.. Last time i tried to get a discovery card 3-4 months ago i was INSTANTLY denied..
This time around they processed my info, then asked for more additinal info.. Then told me to wait 7-10 after the review.. Im guessing i will be denied. BUT why on earth would they ask me to create an account if they were just gonna deny me? Thats disrespectful and cruel.. Im hoping light is at the end of the tunnel for that one

Now Chase Freedom on the other hand.. INSTANTLY approved me for 2k about 10 minutes ago.... Im shocked and filled with joy!!
Now i can pay for my booboos ticket from Mississippi to come see me Smiley Happy

2k is the highest limit in my little collection of CCs... Amex 1k, Target 1k, Best Buy 1.5k, walmart 300, Chase Slate 200

Wow, talk about a breath of fresh air.. And me recently paying off 95% of all my debt is icing on the cake.
God is good!!! If i get approved for the Discovery i may just collapse from joy

Anyway, this thread is solved and can be closed now.. american express can kiss me where the sun doesnt shine tho

Starting Score: 677
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 15
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@MannyG wrote:
UPDATE ALERT!!!

WELL WELL WELL!!

Look how the tables have turned.. So i figured Amex pulled up my 651 EXP score..
So i googled which CC lenders use EQ scores.. Multiple sources said Discover and Chase Freedom

So I applied for Discover iT.. Last time i tried to get a discovery card 3-4 months ago i was INSTANTLY denied..
This time around they processed my info, then asked for more additinal info.. Then told me to wait 7-10 after the review.. Im guessing i will be denied. BUT why on earth would they ask me to create an account if they were just gonna deny me? Thats disrespectful and cruel.. Im hoping light is at the end of the tunnel for that one

Now Chase Freedom on the other hand.. INSTANTLY approved me for 2k about 10 minutes ago.... Im shocked and filled with joy!!
Now i can pay for my booboos ticket from Mississippi to come see me Smiley Happy

2k is the highest limit in my little collection of CCs... Amex 1k, Target 1k, Best Buy 1.5k, walmart 300, Chase Slate 200

Wow, talk about a breath of fresh air.. And me recently paying off 95% of all my debt is icing on the cake.
God is good!!! If i get approved for the Discovery i may just collapse from joy

Anyway, this thread is solved and can be closed now.. american express can kiss me where the sun doesnt shine tho

Congrats on your Discover approval!

AMEX is notorious for pulling EX or TU not EQ. 

When somone is not approved for a CLI its a valid reason and AMEX saw a valid reason for not granting your CLI. 

Good luck on your 6 month CLI request!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 14 of 15
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on your Discover approval!

Ditto....OP, they asked you to create an account because 99% you are approved.  I think the majority of us had to do the same thing.  Congrats on all of your approvals!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.