Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for CLI on a closed account

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Denied for CLI on a closed account

I had a Citi TYP account with a 25k cl that I closed 4 months ago because of little use and I put little value on the TY rewards program. Well the other day someone wrote how they have an offer for a SP ClI on a closed account and I think it was Lurker.  So I decided to check my Citi TYP and it also had a offer for a SP CLI so I decided to pull the trigger.

Not surprisingly it was instantly declined.  So I got a letter on the website about my request and it told me I was denied because the account was closed and that I can call to reopen it. 

I was wondering if anyone ever did this and do you think they would they reopen it W/O a HP and PC the account to the DC?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied for CLI on a closed account

Wow, weird to see call to reopen it. That's unusual.. do you want it back?
Message 2 of 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I think it would be funny if they granted a CLI since it was already closed.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 8
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Wow, weird to see call to reopen it. That's unusual.. do you want it back?

We can’t increase your credit limit Thanks for contacting us about an increase for your Citi ThankYou® Preferred  account. We reviewed your request, but we can’t approve it because your account is closed and /or your card has expired.
Call us if you’d like to reopen your account If you’d like us to consider reopening your account, please give us a call.
Thanks again for choosing us As always, we hope to be clear and helpful in explaining this decision. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

That is the exact letter I thought it was weird also.  I do want it back but only with a DC PC also with the same 10.24 apr.  I think I am asking a lot though.

Message 4 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

A 25k limit account of little use?

For util alone it's got pretty good value.

Message 5 of 8
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Uh...why don't you just app for the DC?

Message 6 of 8
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Involver wrote:

A 25k limit account of little use?

For util alone it's got pretty good value.

I would agree but I closed that account after I got a CSP and Freedom each with a 19k limit and the EDP with a 21k limit which is now 31k. So with the new cards I didn't need the util boost also I rarely carry much of a balance maybe 1-3%.

Message 7 of 8
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

Uh...why don't you just app for the DC?

I really don't like to have more cards than I need plus the TYP was opened in 2003 so to reopen it would help instead opening up a new account.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.