Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Cap 1 Classic plat

tag
Tink1o5
Valued Member

Denied for Cap 1 Classic plat

Just thought i would give it a go even though i knew it was a LOOOOOOOONG shot..

How bad is this going to hurt my credit?

And How long do i have to wait from calling and seeing about a recon?

WF Secured - 300
Quizzle Score (FAKO) - 568 (3-5-13)

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 559
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied for Cap 1 Classic plat

@Tink1o5 wrote:

Just thought i would give it a go even though i knew it was a LOOOOOOOONG shot..

How bad is this going to hurt my credit?

And How long do i have to wait from calling and seeing about a recon?

First off, based on your listed score, it doesn't appear to be in the moderate range to be approved for a Capital One card (if unsecured).  If secured, there is still certain underwriting criteria that you must meet before you can be considered.

As far as hurting your credit, it depends on your file.  Typically, Capital One is known to pull all 3 bureaus as they have permissible purpose when you submit the application for credit consideration.  The FICO hit can vary.  Additionally, there really is not much success with reconsideration at this juncture.  Ideally, you should have a pretty decent credit bureau file (no recent negative history, decent scores, low/mid utilization factors, and a fairly established file).  You will need to wait for the letter to provide the main reasons for denial.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.