cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Chase Freedom..advice please!

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Re: Denied for Chase Freedom..advice please!

@codimom wrote:

^^^ this.  Walmart would be a good starter as its a: GE and they grow nicely and b: free tu score Smiley Happy

close that fp as soon as you can.. don't pay an AF for that garbage.

then garden garden garden!

Walmart it is...

but BOO on the FP! I really need something else along with the retail card, just for general purposes.  Is there something else I could get besides the FP? Or is the secured route my only option

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 21 of 58
codimom
Frequent Contributor

a secured card from your bank or credit union.  I'd start there.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 22 of 58
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

Or is the secured route my only option

Secured DCU like I already mentioned remember that free fico score monthly would run you $240 a year in power score purchases alone =x plus they're a good bank that'll grow with you. PSECU if you can for Ex score but PA residents only unless your family or live with a current member.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 23 of 58
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

My family lives in PA. I live in FL.  Would that work? lol.

I think DCU requires a min of $500. I would probably have to start lower than that for now and increase it later. I'm a full-time student and barely work

@distantarray wrote:

@Sitori wrote:

Secured DCU like I already mentioned remember that free fico score monthly would run you $240 a year in power score purchases alone =x plus they're a good bank that'll grow with you. PSECU if you can for Ex score but PA residents only unless your family or live with a current member.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 24 of 58
swpopham
Established Contributor

lack of income is alot of the problem.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 25 of 58
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

Dont be dismayed.... i called for a CLI on my measly $5oo limit that they gave me a year ago.... had to take a hard pull for it..... tried over and over again to get them to do it via soft pull , but about 5 different CSRs said no way. I let them go ahead and do a a hard pull and they agve me another joke of a $300 increase bringing it to $800. I would say go the secured route for 8-12 months (maybe out at least 1k in the deposit account if possible) and see what happens in a year. They say higher limits beget higher limits and I think myself, that it does ring true.... just remember to be patient ...(my one downfall in this whole credit game)

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 26 of 58
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

What about "student" cards? Are they the same thing as secured cards?

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 27 of 58
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Sitori wrote:

What about "student" cards? Are they the same thing as secured cards?

Student cards are almost as hard to get a normal cards...  You really don't have a good chance with them right now. It would be a waste of inquiries

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 28 of 58
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Sitori wrote:

My family lives in PA. I live in FL.  Would that work? lol.

I think DCU requires a min of $500. I would probably have to start lower than that for now and increase it later. I'm a full-time student and barely work

@distantarray wrote:

@Sitori wrote:

If you are a full time student and barely work, that's even more reason to go the secured route. If you run into problems and think you might be late, you can always call and request them to close it before you are late. Then they can use your deposit to pay the account in full and you get your funds back.  A "regular" credit card is not as easy to deal with if you get in a tough spot.
I agree with others who have suggested that you look into a Credit Union.  At this point I would say hold off on a "regular" card, and go with a "secured" one.  At this stage in your life you can substantial harm rather than good by getting a product that is beyond your ability to repay
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 29 of 58
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

YAY!! I was approved for Amazon with $1200 CL  Smiley LOL   

Yes, I will do the secured card and get rid of the FP asap.  Hopefully with this amazon card (and possibly another store card in the next month or so) I will have some history and will be able to get a better unsecured card next year.  =)

thanks for all your help!!!

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.