cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Chase Freedom..advice please!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for Chase Freedom..advice please!

Join a credit union and apply for a credit card...or try your chances with something from Cap1 like the MTV Visa or the Journey. They are known to approve for cards like that that won't grow but it would be for general spending purposes plus no AF. We all have to start somewhere.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 31 of 58
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

My family lives in PA. I live in FL.  Would that work? lol.

I think DCU requires a min of $500. I would probably have to start lower than that for now and increase it later. I'm a full-time student and barely work

Yes it works btw, if a direct family member lives in PA and opens a PSECU account, btw I'm in Florida too, after you get one if you sponser me in I'll pay for your deposit LMAO 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 32 of 58
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Sitori wrote:

I think DCU requires a min of $500. I would probably have to start lower than that for now and increase it later. I'm a full-time student and barely work

Yes it works btw, if a direct family member lives in PA and opens a PSECU account, btw I'm in Florida too, after you get one if you sponser me in I'll pay for your deposit LMAO 

I'll have to ask if anyone is a member or if they will join.
You'll pay for my deposit!?? What?! LOL!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 33 of 58
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Sitori wrote:

me want PSECU lmao! I'm kinda crazy like that haha, or I can do something nice like trade services which would help your scores Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 34 of 58
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That's an awesome starting limit with amazon! I would think you can garden that for 4 months and then ask for a credit line increase. I still say go for walmart in four months. At that time you may be approved for the discover version which can be everywhere that accepts discover
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 35 of 58
JonStur
Established Contributor

Congrats on Amazon!!! I would go for a Cap 1 and Walmart immediately, and use them responsibly for a year. The only issue you might have going forward is your  income, but if Amazon gave you $1200.00, maybe the other two will give you a decent  credit line.....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 36 of 58
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

me want PSECU lmao! I'm kinda crazy like that haha, or I can do something nice like trade services which would help your scores Smiley Wink

LOL!! I don't think my sister or her husband are members but maybe I can ask them to join. I'll let you know

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 37 of 58
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
That's an awesome starting limit with amazon! I would think you can garden that for 4 months and then ask for a credit line increase. I still say go for walmart in four months. At that time you may be approved for the discover version which can be everywhere that accepts discover

woohoo! I didnt know walmart had a discover version!   Thats a good idea.  Smiley Happy

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 38 of 58
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

Congrats on Amazon!!! I would go for a Cap 1 and Walmart immediately, and use them responsibly for a year. The only issue you might have going forward is your  income, but if Amazon gave you $1200.00, maybe the other two will give you a decent  credit line.....

Which Cap 1??? The secured or unsecured?

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 39 of 58
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Cap one pulls from all 3 reports. I would recommend the unsecured if report has no badies
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 40 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.