cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Chase Sapphire Preferred; Recon for Freedom?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Denied for Chase Sapphire Preferred; Recon for Freedom?

Meh had to meet my min spend of 500 for 200 cash back so figured why not and I pay all minor bills off via credit then PIF... Going to have to apply for carecredit next year though as some dental work that I can't pay for in cash...  Ugh not looking forward to the dental work or paying that big arse bill!

Message 21 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

This is 752 on a 900 point scale, so not the same as the 850 FICO.  Also, the (alleged!) default might have been the bigger reason for rejection.

i really dont know they sure didnt have a problem giving me Freedom. 

I got both with a CARS score that's 100pts lower than yours...

It's definitely the "default"

why would anyone pay a default ?  that would restart the clock back 7 years or is it 8 ? in my state i think after 4 or 5 years they cannot sue you or make you pay but on credit report i think it stays longer unless you start paying it then resets the clock for another 7 or 8 years. Don't be stupid Smiley Happy athough i don't have any default in my knowledge. 

Interesting response. Note the quotes please Smiley Happy

No kidding...

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

This is 752 on a 900 point scale, so not the same as the 850 FICO.  Also, the (alleged!) default might have been the bigger reason for rejection.

why would anyone pay a default ?  that would restart the clock back 7 years or is it 8 ? in my state i think after 4 or 5 years they cannot sue you or make you pay but on credit report i think it stays longer unless you start paying it then resets the clock for another 7 or 8 years. Don't be stupid Smiley Happy athough i don't have any default in my knowledge. 

No kidding...

I'm on thin ice here so I couldn't say what I really wanted to. Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

smode - Nixon was simply pointing out the other potential item that would have likely been factored into their decision for nor approving you.  You got the Freedom - great.  All things considered, it does not mean that your Freedom approval would automatically qualify you for CSP (not in all cases).  If you're bitter about it, then that's on you, but you don't have to berate other forum members when they're trying to help.  Let's not forget what happened with your AMEX cards.

Message 24 of 27
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Please remember to be friendly, supportive and respectful! Smiley Happy

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Please remember to be friendly, supportive and respectfulSmiley Happy

I was aiming for these. Smiley Tongue

Anyhow. If you do indeed have a default with Chase bank or one of their merges...I wasn't suggesting you pay it. I have two very old C/O's that are just a hair away from dropping off and that's why I haven't paid them.

I think it's interesting that they would approve you for a VS Freedom but not a CSP. Compared to my own credit profile and approvals, it's a bit of a marvel really.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

smode - Nixon was simply pointing out the other factor that would have likely been factored into their decision for nor approving you.  You got the Freedom - great.  All things considered, it does not mean that your Freedom approval would automatically qualify you for CSP (not in all cases).  If your bitter about it, then that's on you, but you don't have to berate other forum members when they're trying to help.  Let's not forget what happened with your AMEX cards.

i never said i was mad just sharing my experience. Results vary from individual to individual and ones treatment is not created equal. You can pick up the phone and get a really nice lady and hangup and call again and get a snobby gentleman. I honestly think its who you speak to that can  impact and influence your application process which contributed getting Freedom approved. For Sapphire, I think i've waited too long until AFTER they've already denied it i think it's too late unlike Freedom, i called right after applying it before they even touched it or done anything to it. LESSON LEARNED. Chase Sapphire Preferred indefinitely. I only wanted it for the looks. Status Smiley Happy And as far as i am conern i already have cards that give me back more in dinnng which i originally was going to use CSP for or applied US Bank Cash+ instead. PayPal Extras offers 3% dinning which once redeemed it's 2.4% Cash back otherise use Citi Double Cash. Not to mentioned no annual fee. 

Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 6.17.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-11-21 at 6.19.59 PM.png

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/06/getting-approved-for-the-chase-sapphire-preferred-card/

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.