cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Chase Sapphire

tag
evergreenforest

Denied for Chase Sapphire

I was denied for too little income (21K). The letter doesn't mention a recon line, but that's still an option right? Do I stand a chance of changing their minds if I was dinged for this reason? What's the best way to proceed? TYIA :-)

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for Chase Sapphire

@evergreenforest wrote:

I was denied for too little income (21K). The letter doesn't mention a recon line, but that's still an option right? Do I stand a chance of changing their minds if I was dinged for this reason? What's the best way to proceed? TYIA :-)

With an income that low, you won't be approved recon or not. It's well below the minimum required for that card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 24
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Sorry OP. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 24
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@evergreenforest wrote:

With an income that low, you won't be approved recon or not. It's well below the minimum required for that card.

Out of curiosity what is the minimum income required for this card?

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 4 of 24
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@evergreenforest wrote:

Out of curiosity what is the minimum income required for this card?

I'm pretty sure it's 35k, which frankly isn't that much. The card was originally designed for people earning over 125k, but Chase has obviously loosened that quite a bit since then for several reasons.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 24
evergreenforest

@CreditScholar wrote:

@evergreenforest wrote:

That's what I figured. Is there a list or thread somewhere with a compilation of minmum incomes? I'd like to know for other cards so I don' t have this issue next time.

Message 6 of 24
TheBouss954

As previous member said, that he believes it is $35k a year for this card is not true. I received my card with a $5,000 limit with an annual income of $28,000

Message 7 of 24
TheBouss954

Also, if you call to recon, my friend did the same and then got approved 

Message 8 of 24
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Definitely call to recon ... worth a shot. Good luck!
Message 9 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I agree. recon -- with Chase it won't hurt.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.