Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Chase Sapphire

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Denied for Chase Sapphire

The mininum income is likely dependent on existing debt. As in, if you're income wouldnt allow you to service existing and future debt, they prob wont approve it. Do you have more in student loans than your income? If possible, you may try to see if you can use hhi.

Always recon!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 24
evergreenforest

Okay so it sounds like I should recon, and I could use the practice anyway. This will be my first so what's the protocol and strategy? I figured I would say that I was looking to start a relationship with Chase and that I've heard good things about its cards and the Sapphire cards especially. Is pointing to the credit limits on my other cards I was recently approved for (Amex at $5400) a good idea? If they say I don't make enough, what's my answer to that? TYIA!

Message 12 of 24
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@evergreenforest wrote:

Okay so it sounds like I should recon, and I could use the practice anyway. This will be my first so what's the protocol and strategy? I figured I would say that I was looking to start a relationship with Chase and that I've heard good things about its cards and the Sapphire cards especially. Is pointing to the credit limits on my other cards I was recently approved for (Amex at $5400) a good idea? If they say I don't make enough, what's my answer to that? TYIA!

What's the rest of your credit profile like?  Other CC's bal/limits?  Loans bal/lim?  Any negative indicators?  Oldest CC, AAoA?

Message 13 of 24
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@evergreenforest wrote:

The Amex card is a good idea to bring up ---- really just depends on how thick your file is.. you'd want to tout your experiences handling larger lines and that you plan on paying in full, etc.

Message 14 of 24
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

RECON!!!!!!!! Chase is very nice to deal with... trust me...recon Smiley Happy

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 15 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

While everyone is suggesting recon, might it not cause another HP?  Which may or may not be fine.

Message 16 of 24
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

It shouldn't cause another hard pull since they already did one,  the rep will ask questions about your credit profile and then decide.

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 17 of 24
Stralem
Established Contributor

$27k is the minimum if a poster on another forum is to be believed. Furthermore, a rep told me on a recon a while back that Chase uses their own internal scoring system that incorporates your base FICO score. That's why your chances for approval are boosted significantly if you have another card and/or banking accounts with Chase. In the case of having another card, keep that balance as low as possible. If you do, they will often overlook any balances you may have with other lenders.

Their words, not mine.

Good luck.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 18 of 24
toppers555
Established Contributor

Even at 30k that is pretty low income for a 95AF travel card unless your job has you travel alot and provides reimbursement.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 19 of 24
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

evergreenforest, are you asking about the Chase Sapphire or Chase Sapphire preferred?

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.