Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Citi Dividend

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Denied for Citi Dividend

@Scuba wrote:

Nice, but I don't think you have a net gain because they still denied you for their silly reason.  You got the product you wanted but you had to give up one to get it.

Yea, I'm still upset with their customer service.  I have until August 15th to cancel the conversion.    I have 11 cards and like to have no more than 10 at a time.  I may just close it.   Citi's  customer service reps really upset me today. 

Message 11 of 24
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@DI wrote:

@Scuba wrote:

Nice, but I don't think you have a net gain because they still denied you for their silly reason.  You got the product you wanted but you had to give up one to get it.

Yea, I'm still upset with their customer service.  I have until August 15th to cancel the conversion.    I have 11 cards and like to have no more than 10 at a time.  I may just close it.   Citi's  customer service reps really upset me today. 

I've been reluctant to try Citi because when I called to see about the various level of cards they offered I kept getting circular/scripted answers and the rep was offshore, which reminded me too much of Capital One. But, congrats on your conversion and being able to manage so many accounts! Do you ever get denied for having so many?

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 12 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Scuba wrote:

I've been reluctant to try Citi because when I called to see about the various level of cards they offered I kept getting circular/scripted answers and the rep was offshore, which reminded me too much of Capital One. But, congrats on your conversion and being able to manage so many accounts! Do you ever get denied for having so many?

The conversion won't become effective until August 16th.  The reps said the new law require banks to give customers time to change their mind.   No, I never been declined for too many cards. 

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

DI wrote: 
 I have 11 cards and like to have no more than 10 at a time.  I may just close it.   Citi's  customer service reps really upset me today. 

I have 9 CC's and I am about to cancel 4 of them (all the rebuilder CC's I had to open last year when rebuilding) Cap1 will be the first to go, just hit the year mark last week, I will cancel it next week, and I think I'll wait till the 3 others hit the year mark to cancel, the 2,000 CL's of all 4 cards combined will not hurt my util one bit.

I'll still have 26,500 total avail revolving credit (not including my BoA Visa Signature 5000CL which does not show a CL on my reports). I carry a very small bal on one CC to keep me at 1-2% util at ALL times, I never purchace anything I can't PIF every month.

Having 11 CC's would have me a nervous wreck LOL!!! As anal as I am making sure all my CC's are PIF every month, having 11 would most likely give me a stroke, 9 is bad enough, don't get me wrong I do not use all 9 every month but making sure I rotate them every month to show usage and blah blah you know what I mean LOL!!!

Message 14 of 24
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DI wrote: 
 I have 11 cards and like to have no more than 10 at a time.  I may just close it.   Citi's  customer service reps really upset me today. 

I have 9 CC's and I am about to cancel 4 of them (all the rebuilder CC's I had to open last year when rebuilding) Cap1 will be the first to go, just hit the year mark last week, I will cancel it next week, and I think I'll wait till the 3 others hit the year mark to cancel, the 2,000 CL's of all 4 cards combined will not hurt my util one bit.

I'll still have 26,500 total avail revolving credit (not including my BoA Visa Signature 5000CL which does not show a CL on my reports). I carry a very small bal on one CC to keep me at 1-2% util at ALL times, I never purchace anything I can't PIF every month.

Having 11 CC's would have me a nervous wreck LOL!!! As anal as I am making sure all my CC's are PIF every month, having 11 would most likely give me a stroke, 9 is bad enough, don't get me wrong I do not use all 9 every month but making sure I rotate them every month to show usage and blah blah you know what I mean LOL!!!

Mustang - is your AAoA really low for accumulating so many in a short period of time? Sorry DI, for being all over your post. I'm just inquisitive about how this works...

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 15 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DI wrote: 

Mustang - is your AAoA really low for accumulating so many in a short period of time? Sorry DI, for being all over your post. I'm just inquisitive about how this works...

No worries

Message 16 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DI wrote: 

I use only one card each month or the same card for serveral months.  I'm preparing to close maybe 3 accounts when my 1997 AMEX hit my reports. 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aamex wrote:

My TU AAoA is 6 years and my EQ AAoA is 5 years, I have an AmEx Blue backdated to 91 (my account) and I'm AU on my Fathers AmEx opened in 84, which I am using now as a stepping stone to help my AAoA, I will remove myself as AU from his CC in about two years. I picked up 13 points when that (AU) CC was reported, I know 13 points is a good bit, but I have achieved my scores on my own with the exception of 13 points.

EDIT: just went back and looked at my score history, I picked up 13 points from the AU acct, not 16, I edited my post accordingly.

Message 18 of 24
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@aamex wrote:

My TU AAoA is 6 years and my EQ AAoA is 5 years, I have an AmEx Blue backdated to 91 (my account) and I'm AU on my Fathers AmEx opened in 84, which I am using now as a stepping stone to help my AAoA, I will remove myself as AU from his CC in about two years. I picked up about 16 points when that (AU) CC was reported, I know 16 points is a good bit, but I have achieved my scores on my own with the exception of roughly 16 points.

The benefit of having the AAoA so high speaks for so much more than just 16 points. For example, you'll never get denied for have short credit history so you can app much more. Kudos!!  And of course the management of 9 cards is worth congrats on too Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aamex wrote:
The benefit of having the AAoA so high speaks for so much more than just 16 points. For example, you'll never get denied for have short credit history so you can app much more. Kudos!!  And of course the management of 9 cards is worth congrats on too.

Actually having that AU acct on my reports makes it more difficult to get approved instantly for CC's, most CCC's will not take that AU acct. into consideration, I mean I have been instant approved on the last 3 CC's I've applied for, but I believe the approvals were based on my own accounts and my AmEx backdated to 91 helps a lot.

I have read several times that most CCC's are wise to AU accounts and will not take them into consideration, I may be wrong.

But, Thank you very much for the kind words.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.