Super Contributor
DI

Denied for Citi Dividend

I applied for the Citi Dividend card. I was not approved due to the reason below.  My accounts are not restricted and my credit lines are intact with zero balances. I called customer service to verify.   I'm definately going to call for a recon Monday.

Dear DI

Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi(R) Dividend MasterCard(R)
account.  Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your
request for the account at this time because of the following:

o   The credit privileges on your existing account(s) are
currently restricted.

Frequent Contributor
aamex

Re: Denied for Citi Dividend

DI wrote:

I applied for the Citi Dividend card. I was not approved due to the reason below.  My accounts are not restricted and my credit lines are intact with zero balances. I called customer service to verify.   I'm definately going to call for a recon Monday.

Dear DI

Why we're writing you
Thank you for applying for the Citi(R) Dividend MasterCard(R)
account.  Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your
request for the account at this time because of the following:

o   The credit privileges on your existing account(s) are
currently restricted.

That's the first time i've ever seen that. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Frequent Contributor
drsmith

Yeah I don't even know what that means.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 743 2/9/12 TU 734 2/11/12
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
jefftca925

DI, are your reports still frozen?  Do you currently have a Citi CC?

CCs: Chase Freedom World MC 6.9k, CSP VISA Sg 7k, BofA Amex 12.5k, Discover 10.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 12.5k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom Visa Sg 10k, Amex Zync, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR Visa Sg 17k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex Blue 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 4k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR Visa 44.6k, Chase United Visa Sg 13k, Chase Marriott Visa Sg 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF Visa Sg 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 13.3k, Capital One QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 13.5k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Barclay Arrival 10k, Ebates Visa Sg 8k, Orbitz VisSig 9k, NASA V 30k
Super Contributor
DI

I'm on the phone  with them now. 

Frequent Contributor
Scuba

DI, I got the same message when I applied for the 75K mile AA card about 2 months ago.  Exactly the same message. 

The reasons, when you speak with the CSRs, are all over the place so good luck I had to call in 3 times before I got an answer that is even plausible so I left it alone - the other 2 CSRs were simply BS.

They told me Restricted on my account was because some years ago, I fell behind on a Citi account and they wrote off the $300 balance I owed them.

I paid them the month they wrote off the balance but that was too late and they are still today reporting the account as a charge off.  For that reason, they said my "account was restricted". 

Hopefully when the statute of limitations falls off in about 2 years, I can reapply.

Let us know what you find out and have patience with Citi because we know more about their products then they do :smileyvery-happy:!

Super Contributor
DI

Scuba wrote:

DI, I got the same message when I applied for the 75K mile AA card about 2 months ago.  Exactly the same message. 

The reasons, when you speak with the CSRs, are all over the place so good luck I had to call in 3 times before I got an answer that is even plausible so I left it alone - the other 2 CSRs were simply BS.

They told me Restricted on my account was because some years ago, I fell behind on a Citi account and they wrote off the $300 balance I owed them.

I paid them the month they wrote off the balance but that was too late and they are still today reporting the account as a charge off.  For that reason, they said my "account was restricted". 

Hopefully when the statute of limitations falls off in about 2 years, I can reapply.

Let us know what you find out and have patience with Citi because we know more about their products then they do :smileyvery-happy:!

I just went through the exact same thing.  I am pissed!! I  had to called two different departments 3 times.  They brought up  some accounts that I had from year 2000.  I told them those acounts were paid in full and that I have new accounts with Citi.  I asked why are they referencing my application on old accounts and not my current Citi Platinum account.  The last person mentioned they policy change all the time.   I just spent an hour dealing with them.  I am about to call and close my Citi account!!

Super Contributor
DI

I just spoke with the best CSR ever here at the Florida call center.  She is converting my Platinum card to the Citi Dividend.   

Frequent Contributor
Scuba

Nice, but I don't think you have a net gain because they still denied you for their silly reason.  You got the product you wanted but you had to give up one to get it.

Valued Contributor
Mustanglvr2006

DI wrote:

I just spoke with the best CSR ever here at the Florida call center.  She is converting my Platinum card to the Citi Dividend.   

Well thats awesome Bro!!!

Congratulations.

I still don't know what "The credit privileges on your existing account(s) are currently restricted." means????

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+