Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Discover It Student

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for Discover It Student

look at my signature!!!!!!! take everything in credit with a grain of salt i literally have over 20 inquiries on my tu and barclay has done nothing, then even thanked me for being a loyal customer when i called and spoke to an underwriter. as for the freedom, can not answer that one (edit) i have 24 inquiries

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the discover student credit card, I am in the US Army and go to Univeristy of Phoenix. After applying for the discover student credit card I was denied. I called Discover and they said they could not give me an answer why but that I will recieve a letter in the mail 3 to 5 business days later. I'm furious because i.got credit back on track 4 months ago, every credit report is clean. I have very low balances with my other 2 credit cards "USAA AMEX, and CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER". I checked my credit scores with each of the credit bureaus and I have 660 with equifax. 654, experian, and 701 with r
transunion. I do not understand what the complete issue is, I have clean reports no derogatory remarks or collections. To me, I am very well approved the discover it srudent credit card.
Message 12 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Chase Freedom and Discover it are virtually identical cards. No need to have both. Regarding Sallie Mae vs Freedom, Freedoms categories change and Sallie's don't. Sallie is 5 percent on groceries and gas always, which is better than rotating categories that are only sometimes useful IMO. I don't have Freedom but I have Discover IT and this quarter is gas and ground transit. I'll use the gas bonus but ground transit is useless to me.
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't bother with Discover, I applied in June for the student card and they wanted a joint owner. My father signed in order to help me out with credit and got a $500 CL. In the following months I was approved by NFCU and CAP1.  

Now I wanted a CLI from Discover and they told me they needed the joint owner on the line, they HPed BOTH of us and denied the CLI. My father has 770+ scores and absolutely no negatives and they said it was due to my short credit history. I can't even understand that reason since I didn't have ANY history when I applied and was approvedSmiley Frustrated

I really hate them because they make you go through stupid hoops to get their way. I plan on just using the card for gas and putting it in the SD since it was my very first card and I don't want to close it.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.