Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for Hooters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied for Hooters

I applied for a Hooters card last week. TU FICO of 727, only baddie was a 3 year old late, no inquiries until theirs. I got the 7-10 day message, which I've heard is a good sign. On previous attempts, I've got a different message, something to the effect of unable to grant your request at this time. Today, I called in to check on the status of my ap and was told it was denied. The CSR wouldn't tell me the reasons over the phone, but did say she'd send a letter.

I don't get it. I've saw people with scores a lot lower than mine getting approved. I don't have a mortgage. I have 4 open never late tradelines.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for Hooters

I was denied a month ago too TU 594..when I called..all she said was...you'll get a letter in the mail...I just applied again last week...TU 661...no letter yet..but things don't look good...
Message 2 of 15
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Looks like Hooters is tightening their belt due to the recent credit crunch and loan losses.
Message 3 of 15
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I was approved with a CL of 500.00  At that time my Trans score was 590. But I do also have a Merrick card. (Merrick is the finance company for Hooters).
Message 4 of 15
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Hooters has been tightening their belt, but your case is a bit surprising. Maybe call for a recon?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

KingAdrock wrote:
 call for a recon?

definitely!
Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

with your scores, why even bother with hooters?
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict, because I'm trying to stick with TU pulls for now. My EX and EQ scores are over 100 points lower due to an old chargeoff still showing on them. All the good cards (Citi, Chase, etc) pull EQ or EX where I am.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about...Juniper....WaMu...National City...Discover???....
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Juniper (Carnival). WaMu pulled EX on me. National City doesn't offer cards in my area according to their website. Discover pulls EX here.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.