Regular Contributor
ncblondie

Denied for Hooters

I applied for a Hooters card last week. TU FICO of 727, only baddie was a 3 year old late, no inquiries until theirs. I got the 7-10 day message, which I've heard is a good sign. On previous attempts, I've got a different message, something to the effect of unable to grant your request at this time. Today, I called in to check on the status of my ap and was told it was denied. The CSR wouldn't tell me the reasons over the phone, but did say she'd send a letter.

I don't get it. I've saw people with scores a lot lower than mine getting approved. I don't have a mortgage. I have 4 open never late tradelines.
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

Re: Denied for Hooters

I was denied a month ago too TU 594..when I called..all she said was...you'll get a letter in the mail...I just applied again last week...TU 661...no letter yet..but things don't look good...
Super Contributor
concorduser

Looks like Hooters is tightening their belt due to the recent credit crunch and loan losses.
Regular Contributor
Kartel34

I was approved with a CL of 500.00  At that time my Trans score was 590. But I do also have a Merrick card. (Merrick is the finance company for Hooters).
Established Contributor
KingAdrock

Hooters has been tightening their belt, but your case is a bit surprising. Maybe call for a recon?
New Contributor
ccats704

KingAdrock wrote:
 call for a recon?

definitely!
I'm better than blessed!
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

with your scores, why even bother with hooters?
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
ncblondie

Creditaddict, because I'm trying to stick with TU pulls for now. My EX and EQ scores are over 100 points lower due to an old chargeoff still showing on them. All the good cards (Citi, Chase, etc) pull EQ or EX where I am.
Valued Contributor
slyhouse08

What about...Juniper....WaMu...National City...Discover???....
Regular Contributor
ncblondie

I have Juniper (Carnival). WaMu pulled EX on me. National City doesn't offer cards in my area according to their website. Discover pulls EX here.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}