Apply for the capital one
and apply for Hooterscard.com
Message 11 of 29
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied for US Airway CC

US Airways/Dividend Miles Barclay app problems # 1-800-833-1327
Customer Svc# possibly more geared to privacy... not sure:  1-877-523-0478

You can get a better card than an Orchard right now, I don't personally recommend them for your situation.

Patelco and Justice might, I am not familiar with them too much.  Not sure how long it takes to get approved and reporting even if so.

Pre-approveds are not guaranteed but if Cap1 is soliciting you it means there is a high chance of approval since they do establishing credit cards.  I would jump on it and see if I could get US Airways straightened out ASAP as I would not want to stay with the Cap1 card you will get for the duration.  Oldest card you have should be no fee etc and that you won't get from them.   But IMHO what you will get from Cap1 will be a benefit to you now.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 12 of 29
trc1963
Established Member

Well guess what?  I pulled out the crumpled Cap one application out of the trash and went online to the address listed, filled out the form and , to my astonishment..........Approved!   Where do I apply for the other card you mentioned?

You've been a great help...your my Best friend right now!

(08/15/07) TU 643, EQ 660, EX653
(11/16/07) TU 643, EQ 685, EX653
(01/05/08) TU 660,EQ 660, EX685
Message 13 of 29
trc1963
Established Member

Yaaa hooooo!  Hooters approved me also.  I will wait a few days and recontact Juniper and see if they will review my app.

Thanks Smart Cookie!
Message 14 of 29
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

trc1963 wrote:
Well guess what?  I pulled out the crumpled Cap one application out of the trash and went online to the address listed, filled out the form and , to my astonishment..........Approved!   Where do I apply for the other card you mentioned?

You've been a great help...your my Best friend right now!

Awesome!!!  Congrats on your first new card!!!  Treat it like gold and never be late.  Once you get it, activate it, set up online account, charge something small right away to make sure it is reporting.  Keep the new bill coming in at under 10% of total limit... so probably $300 starting limit that would make it $30 total charges that you want to stay under each new bill. Pay earlier than due date with Cap1 IMHO just to make sure they get it on time.  PIF with them and they will give you automatic CLIs very regularly.

Don't do any new applications please, you just took 2 hard INQs.  Call the US Airways card number and tell them you have 2 lines of credit and can they reconsider you.  If they say no you don't... call back in a month once it is reporting to the CBRs and recon again so that you didn't take a hard INQ for nothing... and so you have another nice new card.

No new apps!  
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 15 of 29
trc1963
Established Member

Got your Post late....sorry!  I do not plan on appling anywhere else for a awhile, but will follow up on the US app.   yes..3 inq's in one day..ouch, but at least I'm on the right track.  I am aware of Keeping my balance at 10% to maximize my credit status... Thank for that info.  What does IMHO stand for?

Thanks again!!!!
Message 16 of 29
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

trc1963 wrote:
Got your Post late....sorry!  I do not plan on appling anywhere else for a awhile, but will follow up on the US app.   yes..3 inq's in one day..ouch, but at least I'm on the right track.  I am aware of Keeping my balance at 10% to maximize my credit status... Thank for that info.  What does IMHO stand for?

Thanks again!!!!

I'm anti Hooter.  Smiley Very Happy  but only for personal reasons... so you don't really see me advocating them.  

You must be very happy and I know that excitement!  IMHO means in my humble opinion. 

I hope the Hooter INQ does not affect anything with the USAirways recon, I don't have any 'real' reason to think it will and I'll cross my fingers.  Starting out with establishing account age, USAirways is a more preferable card for the duration 'IMHO". 

Congrats again.  Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 29
trc1963
Established Member

My first CC after BK Cap One

It looks like my Platinum Capital One card they gave me has a $2000.00 CL w/ 9.4% fin.  0% till 04/08
My BK was on 04/02 My credit score was 650 avg.
Message 18 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: My first CC after BK Cap One

Looks like you're set! I missed this post when you first started, but for any others in a similar situation, one good option is to ask your local bank or credit union (one you already belong to) about getting a card from them.

You can always join a credit union, but if people are worried about a relative lack of history, it helps to have an established relationship already going.

Anyway, OP, congrats!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 29
kclb
Regular Contributor

Re: My first CC after BK Cap One

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Looks like you're set! I missed this post when you first started, but for any others in a similar situation, one good option is to ask your local bank or credit union (one you already belong to) about getting a card from them.

You can always join a credit union, but if people are worried about a relative lack of history, it helps to have an established relationship already going.

Anyway, OP, congrats!

Credit Unions rock. I got my Car loan thru one and I thought they would deny my butt. But I guess they appreciated the fact that I was honest about my credit problems and gave me a chance. This was back in April 07 and my fico sucked BAD. Now...much better. Smiley Happy

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.