cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for USAA MC - Who Is Early Warning Services? Another CRA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for USAA MC - Who Is Early Warning Services? Another CRA?

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They have this on their 'About Us' page, it shows they are partially owne by BoA and Chase so no wonder they are hard to work with,

"Early Warning Services is a limited liability company owned by Bank of America, BB&T, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo. Bank ownership offers unique perspective and helps facilitate openness and accelerates information sharing in the effort to thwart fraud."

Hmmm, banks actually starting to work together and share information?? Interesting concept.

Nothing new here DickC. EWS has been around for awhile and ChexSystems has been around a very long time (decades). Both are technically CRA's and subject to FCRA and both would like you to think they aren't.

I am well aware of the fact they are not new. Just commenting on the fact that they are a resource that more credit grantors are starting to use. Much like any "financial reporting agency" I would urge all people to contact them and see what info they have in their files.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never heard of this place but more institutions are looking at different sources to find information. A couple that I know of are Innovis

located in Columbus Ohio and ARS Advanced Resolution Services Inc. Located in Independence Ohio both are very big and ARS is a subsidiary of VISA. I have received both reports from these places and what they have in them isn't that much different from your regular reports at the big three just a bit more detailed. You can request your reports from these companies without being denied for credit, just contact them and they will send them to you.

Innovis Consumer Information Services

P.O. Box 1534

Columbus, Oh 43216-1534

800-540-2505

Innovis (or CBCinnov) is how our mortgage inquiry is listed.  Their reports contained the info and FICO scores from all 3 CRA's.  (Beacon 5.0, Classic, and Fair Isaac Score 2).

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never heard of this place but more institutions are looking at different sources to find information. A couple that I know of are Innovis

located in Columbus Ohio and ARS Advanced Resolution Services Inc. Located in Independence Ohio both are very big and ARS is a subsidiary of VISA. I have received both reports from these places and what they have in them isn't that much different from your regular reports at the big three just a bit more detailed. You can request your reports from these companies without being denied for credit, just contact them and they will send them to you.

P.O. Box 1534

Columbus, Oh 43216-1534

800-540-2505

Innovis (or CBCinnov) is how our mortgage inquiry is listed.  Their reports contained the info and FICO scores from all 3 CRA's.  (Beacon 5.0, Classic, and Fair Isaac Score 2).

so requesting an Innovis credit report is a way to get free Ficos?

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nonaii wrote: so requesting an Innovis credit report is a way to get free Ficos?

Hmmm....................

The mortgage company pays for the report/scores.  Who knows what shows up on a free consumer requested report - can you even do that with innovis?  Maybe someone can fill us in.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

beamMEup wrote:  Innovis (or CBCinnov) is how our mortgage inquiry is listed. 
It looks like Innovis and CBCInnovis are two different companies.  Our mortgage inquiry was CBCInnovis.  Sorry!
Message 15 of 21
geekhou05
New Contributor

I called today and got someone to send me the report request forms. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT THEY ASK FOR YOUR ROUTING AND ACCOUNT NUMBERS!!

I will scan it up today when I get home.

Seems that they are like Cheqsystems and share bank account info. 

Message 16 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

P.O. Box 1534

Columbus, Oh 43216-1534

800-540-2505

so requesting an Innovis credit report is a way to get free Ficos?

No, not for you. But "yes" for the mortgage company that paid a fee to receive your report. I suspect CBCInnovis is closely related to Innovis as well.

Message 17 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

DickC wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They have this on their 'About Us' page, it shows they are partially owne by BoA and Chase so no wonder they are hard to work with,

"Early Warning Services is a limited liability company owned by Bank of America, BB&T, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo. Bank ownership offers unique perspective and helps facilitate openness and accelerates information sharing in the effort to thwart fraud."

Hmmm, banks actually starting to work together and share information?? Interesting concept.

Nothing new here DickC. EWS has been around for awhile and ChexSystems has been around a very long time (decades). Both are technically CRA's and subject to FCRA and both would like you to think they aren't.

I am well aware of the fact they are not new. Just commenting on the fact that they are a resource that more credit grantors are starting to use. Much like any "financial reporting agency" I would urge all people to contact them and see what info they have in their files.

I wonder what info they have that doesn't appear on the Big 3 CRA's? For instance, do they hang on to records of charge-offs, etc that are older than 7 years? (which seems a violation of the FCRA.) Or maybe they have all the GW'd and PFD'd negatives that no longer appear on EQ/ TU/ EX.

Otherwise, I don't see what they're offering lenders that can't be found on a standard credit report.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I wonder what info they have that doesn't appear on the Big 3 CRA's? For instance, do they hang on to records of charge-offs, etc that are older than 7 years? (which seems a violation of the FCRA.) Or maybe they have all the GW'd and PFD'd negatives that no longer appear on EQ/ TU/ EX.

Otherwise, I don't see what they're offering lenders that can't be found on a standard credit report.

That's exactly what they keep as well as inquries you may be able to get inquires and charge-offs bumped from the big three but they are keeping everything that has ever been reported using your SSN and Name. That's what I was talking about when I said very detailed. They keeping a running tab on all activity, it's kinda scary because these companies are being used more and more by banks as well as others. I remember when the big three were just like Innovis and ARS and now look at them 30 years later. These companies will be no different.  IMHO

Message 19 of 21
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

DickC wrote:

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

DickC wrote:

johnson_long wrote:

EQ/TU/EX all have this information forever! The just are not allowed (by the FCRA) to include certain information on most consumer credit reports. Neither is EWS. What EWS may have is information regarding banking activities, bad checks, retail frauds, excessive returns, etc. which are items the big three CRA's do not bother themselves with.

Under the following circumstances the CRA's are allowed to report all the information they have on file for you without regard to any age restrictions in a consumer credit report 

(1) a credit transaction involving, or which may reasonably be expected to involve, a principal amount of $150,000 or more;

(2) the underwriting of life insurance involving, or which may reasonably be expected to involve, a face amount of $150,000 or more; or

(3) the employment of any individual at an annual salary which equals, or which may reasonably be expected to equal $75,000, or more.

Since they can report it you can pretty well be assured they have it to report!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.