Message 21 of 36
kclb
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied for VS angel card, denied for Hello Kitty from BoA

@Anonymous wrote:
Did i just stumble into match.com? lol

Can I plead the 5th to that question? ^_^

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 22 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You said the average age of your credit cards was 2 1/2 years?  But then you posted that you had three cards with ages of: 2.5 years, 1 year and then 6 months, wouldnt that put you around 16 months as an average age of your accounts?

Robo
Message 23 of 36
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Badcreditguy wrote:

Barry definitely needs to create a seperate hook-up forum so these threads stop getting bulked up.  Smiley Tongue  
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 24 of 36
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Robo wrote:
Hello,

You said the average age of your credit cards was 2 1/2 years?  But then you posted that you had three cards with ages of: 2.5 years, 1 year and then 6 months, wouldnt that put you around 16 months as an average age of your accounts?

Robo

Wow Robo! you ARE right! Lol omg silly me.. now this makes sense why I was denied.....only 16 months credit history =( Smiley Sad

I kept counting 2.5 cause my citi (first card!) is that old lol silly me .. sorry im blonde ;P

and what IS match.com I never head of it ! =P
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're still an undergrad, right? Perhaps try app'ing in a year. Discover was the elusive one for me during college.
Message 26 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@SmartCookie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Barry definitely needs to create a seperate hook-up forum so these threads stop getting bulked up. Smiley Tongue

Yes, please. I mean seriously. It gets old.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 36
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
You're still an undergrad, right? Perhaps try app'ing in a year. Discover was the elusive one for me during college.

Sonority, at the beginning of next semseter, check out the tables where you get a water bottle or Subway for filling out an app. My youngest got a real Discover card when she went through orientation 2 months before starting her freshman year. She was scared to have it, and like idiots, we helped her close it. If we knew then what we know now...

But it was a real Discover, $500 limit, still reports on her CR's. She's going to try to find the offer again this summer or fall, now she actually knows what she's doing.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sonority, I can't believe VS denied you with scores like that! I'd do anything to have thoses(well, ALMOST anything).

My scores are roughly 100 points below yours, and I was approved, and getting cli's out of them.

I'd call WFNNB, or what ever they are called and as for a recon.
Message 29 of 36
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Yep - unfortunately, undergrad and 2 (+!!) years to go =(

hauling -those tables scare me, too many cute analysts =D but I will keep my eye out for em! I want THAT card lmao

wow Syl - but as robo said, I do have just a 16mth history so maybe they are right - Its insufficient lmao but I did try to call BofA to no luck.. will google WFNB? thanks =)

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.