cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for an AMEX BCE! Need help!

tag
miamiestatebuyer

Re: Denied for an AMEX BCE! Need help!

I called this morning and nice customer agent informed that my application will be reviewed and a notation was made to run a new credit report and not use the one that was made a few months ago. I was to told call Friday and I will get an answer. Hope everything works out!
Current Fico Ex Score: 725

Credit / Charge Cards: AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) MS '00 | AMEX Gold PR (NPSL) MS '00 | Citi AAdvantage $10K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9.2K | Discover IT $5K | Capital One Platinum $1000

Retail Cards: West Elm $2500 | Victoria Secret Forever $1400 | BP Gas Fleet $1000
Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 15
miamiestatebuyer

Thanks! Will let everyone know if I got approved. Hopefully my experience will help anyone in the same situation.
Current Fico Ex Score: 725

Credit / Charge Cards: AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) MS '00 | AMEX Gold PR (NPSL) MS '00 | Citi AAdvantage $10K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9.2K | Discover IT $5K | Capital One Platinum $1000

Retail Cards: West Elm $2500 | Victoria Secret Forever $1400 | BP Gas Fleet $1000
Message 13 of 15
tk_0014
Established Member

Good luck!

I suggest giving them (American Express) a LONG(6mo to a year) time to cool down if it does not work out this time.

MyFICO (4/13) EQ score 733 CK TU score 6/13 754 FCR EX 4/13 736

CU overdraft protection CL $500 Freedom $3000 CSP $8000 BofA 123Cash Reward $3000 C1 QS1 $1250, C1 QS $5500 PP Cred $2950 Amex BCP $19500 DISC IT: $14,100 Home Depot $8000
Message 14 of 15
eli_inc

The exact same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I applied for AMEX Plat and was denied and I called and the report they used was from 2 months ago. They said they initially looked at the last report they had on file from my existing AMEX BCP account. I bet I called and talke to AMEX 10 times and Experian 10 times and finally I was put in touch with the AMEX credit bureau department and she asked for the identifying numbers on the accounts that needed updated from the credit report I pulled. She said she would make a note and send my application to someone for review.  She told me to check back in 4-5 business days and they would have an answer for me. That was on Thursday afternoon. On Saturday morning I recieved a FedEx overnight package at 9am with my card in it! 

This is my first post but I just wanted you to know that they will actually look at a recent report if asked. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.