Contributor
Seatown1two

Denied for walmart =(

After checking my fico score and updated below (tu up from 639 4 months ago)  decided to pull the trigger.  Got the 7-10 day message.  Called in and the representative flat out told me I was denied and that she would not be able to do a recon.  I tried calling in two more times and the next two reps told me to wait for the letter.  Anything else i might be able to do?

Starting Score: 593 EQ
Current Score: EQ 663 TU 675 pulled here 5/13/13, EX 640, lender pulled 2/25/13
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
JusdoNit

Re: Denied for walmart =(

:smileysurprised: We feel your pain.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Valued Contributor
RockinRay

[ Edited ]

Seatown1two wrote:

After checking my fico score and updated below (tu up from 639 4 months ago)  decided to pull the trigger.  Got the 7-10 day message.  Called in and the representative flat out told me I was denied and that she would not be able to do a recon.  I tried calling in two more times and the next two reps told me to wait for the letter.  Anything else i might be able to do?

Try going in to a store and doing the app there. I was always declined when I tried on the website. Went to a store - bang - instant approval.

If you choose to go to a store, make sure you have a CC with you, they will want to swipe it along with your DL..

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

New Contributor
Sophiamarie

[ Edited ]
Walmart pulled EQ for me, not TU. Your EQ is 616?

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Valued Contributor
rootpooty

You were denied with a tu Fico of 694? Do you have any baddies on tu? What's you AAOA?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 3k | BOFA 123 3k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 1800 | Walmart 1450 | Buckle 300

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred!
Established Contributor
lithium78

I got approved for Walmart's retail card with much lower scores a few years ago.  Are you on GMCRB's blacklist?

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 736 (Walmart FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Seatown1two wrote:

Sorry to hear, can you share with us your TU file?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
CS800

Sorry to hear that. WM is pretty tough to recon if you get denied. But your TU is good though. Were you given any reasons or you got the ' we will send you a latter to explain the denial' ?

Contributor
Seatown1two

I guess I'm going to recieve a letter in the mail explaining why I was denied.  My AAoA is 6 years, 1 paid tax lien, 7 collections reporting, no late payments for over 4 years.  Actually guess I'm not too surprised I was denied.  Utilization was around 21% on report that was just checked.  Might there be any other hope for me in obtaining new credit??

Starting Score: 593 EQ
Current Score: EQ 663 TU 675 pulled here 5/13/13, EX 640, lender pulled 2/25/13

Super Contributor
CS800

Seatown1two wrote:

I guess I'm going to recieve a letter in the mail explaining why I was denied.  My AAoA is 6 years, 1 paid tax lien, 7 collections reporting, no late payments for over 4 years.  Actually guess I'm not too surprised I was denied.  Utilization was around 21% on report that was just checked.  Might there be any other hope for me in obtaining new credit??

Are your collections paid? REason why I asked is that the computer might deny it but recon could approve it but in this case they didn't. If you have another inq to use on TU, you can try for a barclay card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+