Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied instantly, then approved?

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Denied instantly, then approved?

Has anyone been denied initially, then approved a day later? told you are denied online, but automated message says that your application status is under review.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
favre_2_free
New Contributor

Re: Denied instantly, then approved?

No, but I've been given the "We can't approve you instantly", and then gone straight to my email to find out I've been approved!

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Message 2 of 11
vish1
Valued Contributor

approved for????

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 11
favre_2_free
New Contributor

It happened to me with AMEX in December....and most recently with a Capital One Auto Loan

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
Message 4 of 11
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

I think that's when approvals become boarderline and are reviewed by human eyes.

Message 5 of 11
vish1
Valued Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

I think that's when approvals become boarderline and are reviewed by human eyes.

+1

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 6 of 11
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@favre_2_free wrote:

It happened to me with AMEX in December....and most recently with a Capital One Auto Loan

did you go through the capital one site, and how long was it before they approved you? and when they did approve you, how did you find out?

Message 7 of 11
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Message 8 of 11
favre_2_free
New Contributor

@favre_2_free wrote:

did you go through the capital one site, and how long was it before they approved you? and when they did approve you, how did you find out?

I went right through the site, and it said they would contact me.  Well 30 seconds later an approval letter showed up in my inbox stating my check would be on the way and how much it was good for.  Apparently there is still a holdup somewhere though, because they tried calling me yesterday, but the good news is, I don't need it, it was my back-up plan. 

Message 9 of 11
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

no, it wasn't like that for me. i was just simply denied online. but automated says is under review.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.