cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied my 3x increase! (update on page 8)

tag
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Re: Denied my 3x increase!

@Open123 wrote:

I suppose, what's embedded in me is more of a "bottom line" philosophy.  I really couldn't care less why a person can't do something (whether he's angry, sad, despondent, or whatever else), because in the end, does it matter why?  No, the end result is the same.  I'd rather move on, than spend time and resources to understand the "root" causes, since it wouldn't lead to a better result, but serve only to divert resources better allocated to more fruitful pursuits.

We're pretty far off topic (although hopefully people still find it interesting enough).  Depending on your roll, understanding the root cause of underperformance is exceptionally important.  When one of my engineers messes up, I consider myself personally responsible.  Understanding the root of that mistake means I can either coach the person up or know that I need to get rid of him.  As a manager, emotional intelligence is a powerful tool.  

And broseph23, the same holds true when you're managing a project and have to find ways to motivate people who feel too busy to do what you need them to do.

Message 71 of 80
Open123
Super Contributor

@bluescale wrote:

We're pretty far off topic (although hopefully people still find it interesting enough).  

You're right, sometimes I can't help going off on a tangent (bad habit for internet forum discussions) when discussing something I find interesting and worthwhile on which to share perspectives.

Message 72 of 80
R3DLINE
Established Member

Not that I care that we are off topic because I feel all that needed to be said has been said..... Should I just edit the topic and change it to "most random philosophy lesson of your life (start on page 6)". Haha

Atleast we are all entertained
ECU: 7000 (6.25% Fixed) -- Chase Freedom: 3000 (19.99%) -- Citi Dividend: 3000 (13.25%) -- Amex: 2000 (?% promo 0%) -- UWCU: 2.5k (11.45%) -- Barclay Apple: 1500 (Will never use again) -- Paypal: 2.6k (Use for promo 0% only) -- Cap 1: 2000 (Sock drw. 22.99%) -- Cap 1: 2000 (sock drw. 19.99%)

ECU auto loan (2.99% for 72 months on 2013 Dodge Avenger V6)
Senior in school for Civil Engineering

Scores: TU: 713 EQ: ? EX: 698
Message 73 of 80
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, we have veered way off topic.

It was entertaining, though.
Message 74 of 80
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@blunderer wrote:

CreditScholar - Nicely put!

Thanks from the grown folks! Smiley Wink

Another difference is between the general personal characteristics of Gen X and Y.

From a Gen X’ers perspective, we grew up in a much less sanitized era before the advent of “political correctness.”  We grew up having thick skin, and give much less though to the sensitivities of others.  We’re (at least me) just not in tune with the “touchy feely” empathize with the emotions of others mentality.

I’m not suggesting it isn’t important, but I just sense this aspect is much more prevalent in Gen Y; who all seem to care more about the process, experience, and emotional well being.

+1, although some of us are in tune with the "touchy feely" but just don't care. Smiley Happy

I will agree with this sentiment though, and it's one of the things that makes me absolutely embarassed to be Gen Y. 

Meh CS, the light from "average" already takes years to reach you, and is red-shifed as well.  Statistics and generalizations regarding generation are absurd when applied to an individual anyway, can't help when you're born.

        
Message 75 of 80
R3DLINE
Established Member

Re: Denied my 3x increase! (update on denial on page 8)

Got the denial letter today.... actually not to bad.

They have very valid reasons....

Time with american express not long enough to extend more credit.

And something about one of my other cards having high balance to limit.

Bot of these can be fixed very easy and are getting better by the day....

Maybe in 90 days I will be golden

They said nothing about having to much credit compared to income, thank god

ECU: 7000 (6.25% Fixed) -- Chase Freedom: 3000 (19.99%) -- Citi Dividend: 3000 (13.25%) -- Amex: 2000 (?% promo 0%) -- UWCU: 2.5k (11.45%) -- Barclay Apple: 1500 (Will never use again) -- Paypal: 2.6k (Use for promo 0% only) -- Cap 1: 2000 (Sock drw. 22.99%) -- Cap 1: 2000 (sock drw. 19.99%)

ECU auto loan (2.99% for 72 months on 2013 Dodge Avenger V6)
Senior in school for Civil Engineering

Scores: TU: 713 EQ: ? EX: 698
Message 76 of 80
myjourney
Super Contributor

@R3DLINE wrote:

Sounds like in 90 days you will be ready...Get it done Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 77 of 80
enharu
Super Contributor

@R3DLINE wrote:

seeing that those are the only reasons provided, you have nothing to worry about at all. 

Best of luck!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 78 of 80
fixmescore

How do you get your cards in your signature like that? Just Curious. 

580: 595
587: 610
750: 597

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 79 of 80
enharu
Super Contributor

@fixmescore wrote:

How do you get your cards in your signature like that? Just Curious. 

do you mean me?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 80 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.