Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied to combine Capital One Credit Cards

tag
MachoMarkSaavge
Valued Member

Denied to combine Capital One Credit Cards

I have 2 credit cards, and wanted to make them into 1 big one. and got this letter. Is this true or do I need to call a backdoor number?

Dear Mark Savage,

Thanks for contacting us about your Capital One accounts.

We apologize for the inconvenience but accounts combination program is
no longer offered by our company.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at 1-800-955-7070. Our
Customer Service Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a
week.

Sincerely,
Capital One Services, LLC

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
butterfly40324
Established Member

Re: Denied to combine Capital One Credit Cards

Unfortunately, I was told the same thing when I called the backdoor number back in March/April.

Starting Score: TU 552 EQ 610
Current Score: TU 621 EQ 618
Goal Score: TU 700 EQ 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

reallyRe: Denied to combine Capital One Credit Cards

They stink!  

In my email today I got an offer for a Capital One Standard Platinum car -   25% interest!  GARBAGE!  Nice thank you for being a member for almost 10 years.

The other card I have has been in the SD for months collecting dust.  I only keep it for the age.  It happens to be my oldest reporting card right now with just a $500 CL.

Soooooooo.....I will insult them back by brushing the dust off  and charging a cawfee.  After I will toss it back into my drawer =)

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 3 of 8
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: reallyRe: Denied to combine Capital One Credit Cards

@homerunstacy wrote:

They stink!  

In my email today I got an offer for a Capital One Standard Platinum car -   25% interest!  GARBAGE!  Nice thank you for being a member for almost 10 years.

The other card I have has been in the SD for months collecting dust.  I only keep it for the age.  It happens to be my oldest reporting card right now with just a $500 CL.

Soooooooo.....I will insult them back by brushing the dust off  and charging a cawfee.  After I will toss it back into my drawer =)

=)

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I combined mine a few years ago and I made a mistake.

Now have a starter card with cash back rewards and $5400CL

and I have to get the a/f  waived every year.  Sometimes they

do sometimes thet don't.  IT'S CRAZY!!!!!! 

Message 5 of 8
ludawg23
Established Member

Wait, they actually waive the fee? I've heard from others that they've tried to get the fee waived but were unsuccessful.

I have my $39 AF coming up at the end of November.  It's only a $1,500 card but I've had it for about 5 years now.  Thinking about just dumping it...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call the back door number listed on this forum.

Last year they didn't

This year they did

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called this morning because they refuse to raise the limit on my CC. The rep told me that on this particular card that's the highest limit I can have but that I should apply for a new card to get a different limit. When I asked if I could then combine the cards she said no, that's not possible. So I'll wait another 6 months, apply for a new card and close this account. It's not even my oldest card and the limit is only $750. I have a CitiCard with a 10k limit and a Nordstrom Visa that just now got upgraded and approved for 5k no hard pull!!! Wooooo!

EX: 706

EQ: 736

TU: 725

800 club here I come!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.