cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Within Reach (DWR) Credit Card... TD Bank? You have it?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Design Within Reach (DWR) Credit Card... TD Bank? You have it?

Am I reading it right that TD Bank is the underwriting bank?

I thought they were investment and they had a credit card just for the investment account or whatever not that they actually issued other credit cards for stuff outside that?

The Application also seems very small and short and ask very little information.

Is it instant approval?

What kind of Credit Line?

BK Friendly?

Any other info besides the you better pay before no interst runs out because its 28%!!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Design Within Reach (DWR) Credit Card... TD Bank? You have it?

Looks like it's just another WFNNB credit card...

I take that back...there was a separate app there that does say TD Bank on the bottom. I can't find a Terms and Conditions link on that page at all!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I was thinking that but didn't see it... where did you find that?

Wow, I actually had not started looking at the catalog until after I posted... This would be a pretty useless credit card without a VERY high limit. I'm seeing very little under the $1k mark and if talking furniture, not seeing much under $3k!

Message 3 of 11
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

TD Bank is the retail branch of Toronto Dominion, they also issue standard Visa cards.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 11
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

I was thinking that but didn't see it... where did you find that?

Wow, I actually had not started looking at the catalog until after I posted... This would be a pretty useless credit card without a VERY high limit. I'm seeing very little under the $1k mark and if talking furniture, not seeing much under $3k!

Plus its a minimum $500 purchase to take advantage of the offer anyway!

Message 5 of 11
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I know this off topic, but I dream of their furniture.  I used to pass by one of their stores everyday on my way to work.  

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@snowangel wrote:

I know this off topic, but I dream of their furniture.  I used to pass by one of their stores everyday on my way to work.  

OH NO, I ran out to get dinner, and less then a mile away guess what store I go passing by?!! I never knew and now I know it's just right there!

Message 7 of 11
quest208
Frequent Contributor

wifey gets the catalog.  i check the mail usually first, and when i see the catalog i throw it out.   she's bought things from there, i do not want to come home and see another piece of furniture from that store.  the furniture is awesome, and comfortable, but the prices make me shake my head.

i will give them credit though, i love their furniture if we're not talking about price.  i guess its like art that you can sit in/on.....

:-(

what is the benefit of a card?

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@quest208 wrote:

what is the benefit of a card?

Besides the 6 months interest free I don't see any!

Message 9 of 11
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I've drooled over their furniture design as well buuut yeaaah, unless you have a pretty high limit, it seems pretty pointless.  Now, IKEA on the other hand...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.