cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Despite the Credit Crunch, Cap 1 Still Gives Me A CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite the Credit Crunch, Cap 1 Still Gives Me A CLI!

Last week, I called the frontdoor number to do some inquiries about a potential balance transfer and I end up coming out with a 1000 dollar CLI on one of my cards raising the limit to 2600 dollars.  I was surprised.  Oh well, despite the crunch, my utilization will improve.  Especially, since I am going to continue bringing my balances down.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Despite the Credit Crunch, Cap 1 Still Gives Me A CLI!

I personally have no experience with Cap1, but my boyfriend had an automatic CLI from $500 to $750... he's new to the credit game, and is considering buying a house soon so any CLI is great and his util will definitely improve. Definitely a pleasant surprise!
Message 2 of 11
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats lando!
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used a CapOne to improve my credit.

Well, the give you an CLI automatically from 500 to 750.

I had to call them twice to get a CLI from 750 to 1050.

Imagine that, 1050. Amex apporved me right away with 3200. 

I have to admit; I am German and actually started from 0 one year ago. My first CC is 14 month old, that is basically my credit history.

CapOne is really funny. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI!! I just called the backdoor number to request a CLI. I was told that I would be notified by mail in 7 days. Why do I get the feeling that is a polite "no"? LOL. I have had my CC since 2002. I received an initial CL of $450.00 and was increased 2 months later to $750.00. I have not received a CLI since then, although I have never asked until today. Here's hoping!

Does Cap1 do a hard or soft pull? I was told it was a soft pull but I want to make absolute sure I wasn't misinformed.

*Whoohoo!!!! My FICO went up 5 points to 705 today!!!!!!!!!*

Message 5 of 11
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

Hey Tonnie,

I applied for a second Cap one card online and got the same message about a letter in 7 days.

I thought the same thing, "NO"

Well, yesterday I recieved the letter and it was Cap One asking for proof of my SS# and address (eventho I have an existing CC and an auto loan with them). 

Here's hoping for ya.  Maybe they are getting a little stricter about verifying.

I'm rooting for ya!

Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

landocalrissian signed:

I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.

Smiley Very Happy ! Love the new siggy, and congrats on your CLI.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

scottie_mommy,

I feel so inspired!  I didn't even consider the fact that Cap1 will need to verify my identity because I have a fraud alert with all 3 CBs. Like you, I want my UTIL at 20% or less. I have excellent PMT history, a good mix of credit and installments, and lengthy credit history but my UTIL is 57% and that is not good!  I went from a 92% to a 57% in a matter of a few weeks by paying off some CC, so I know you can reach your goal of a 20% by Feb09!

Wishing you the best of luck! Remember, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step".

Message 8 of 11
first48
Frequent Contributor

A co-worker in my office applied for a CLI and she has had her Cap One card for a year and she was told she would get a letter in the mail.  Well, needless to say she was denied for an increase.  I told her she should just app for another card and combine.  She was scared to apply but she did and got approved for another card on Tuesday.  Best of luck!
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 9 of 11
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

My CapOne will be a year old next month.  Started out with $2,000 and went to $2,500 after credit steps.  I've asked twice for CLI, and got denied... twice.  I thought I could at least get bumped up to $3K.  Maybe after it's birthday they'll raise my CL. 
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.