Established Contributor
landocalrissian

Despite the Credit Crunch, Cap 1 Still Gives Me A CLI!

Last week, I called the frontdoor number to do some inquiries about a potential balance transfer and I end up coming out with a 1000 dollar CLI on one of my cards raising the limit to 2600 dollars.  I was surprised.  Oh well, despite the crunch, my utilization will improve.  Especially, since I am going to continue bringing my balances down.
I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.
Regular Contributor
pez478

Re: Despite the Credit Crunch, Cap 1 Still Gives Me A CLI!

I personally have no experience with Cap1, but my boyfriend had an automatic CLI from $500 to $750... he's new to the credit game, and is considering buying a house soon so any CLI is great and his util will definitely improve. Definitely a pleasant surprise!

Starting Score: EQ 749 TU 751
Current Score: EQ 758 TU 776
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Congrats lando!
Here we go again...
Valued Member
Flo

I used a CapOne to improve my credit.

Well, the give you an CLI automatically from 500 to 750.

I had to call them twice to get a CLI from 750 to 1050.

Imagine that, 1050. Amex apporved me right away with 3200. 

I have to admit; I am German and actually started from 0 one year ago. My first CC is 14 month old, that is basically my credit history.

CapOne is really funny. :smileyvery-happy:

FICOs April'09 : TU 743, EQ 725, EX:733
FICOs March'09: TU 694, EQ 725, EX 733
Regular Contributor
tonnie39

Congrats on your CLI!! I just called the backdoor number to request a CLI. I was told that I would be notified by mail in 7 days. Why do I get the feeling that is a polite "no"? LOL. I have had my CC since 2002. I received an initial CL of $450.00 and was increased 2 months later to $750.00. I have not received a CLI since then, although I have never asked until today. Here's hoping!

Does Cap1 do a hard or soft pull? I was told it was a soft pull but I want to make absolute sure I wasn't misinformed.

*Whoohoo!!!! My FICO went up 5 points to 705 today!!!!!!!!!*

Regular Contributor
scottie_mommy

Hey Tonnie,

I applied for a second Cap one card online and got the same message about a letter in 7 days.

I thought the same thing, "NO"

Well, yesterday I recieved the letter and it was Cap One asking for proof of my SS# and address (eventho I have an existing CC and an auto loan with them). 

Here's hoping for ya.  Maybe they are getting a little stricter about verifying.

I'm rooting for ya!

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

landocalrissian signed:

I would really like to purchase a new Millineum Falcon with my WAMU (oops Chase card)!!!! But first I need a decent credit limit.

:smileyvery-happy: ! Love the new siggy, and congrats on your CLI.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
tonnie39

scottie_mommy,

I feel so inspired!  I didn't even consider the fact that Cap1 will need to verify my identity because I have a fraud alert with all 3 CBs. Like you, I want my UTIL at 20% or less. I have excellent PMT history, a good mix of credit and installments, and lengthy credit history but my UTIL is 57% and that is not good!  I went from a 92% to a 57% in a matter of a few weeks by paying off some CC, so I know you can reach your goal of a 20% by Feb09!

Wishing you the best of luck! Remember, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step".

Frequent Contributor
first48

A co-worker in my office applied for a CLI and she has had her Cap One card for a year and she was told she would get a letter in the mail.  Well, needless to say she was denied for an increase.  I told her she should just app for another card and combine.  She was scared to apply but she did and got approved for another card on Tuesday.  Best of luck!
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Regular Contributor
SherriLynn

My CapOne will be a year old next month.  Started out with $2,000 and went to $2,500 after credit steps.  I've asked twice for CLI, and got denied... twice.  I thought I could at least get bumped up to $3K.  Maybe after it's birthday they'll raise my CL. 
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}