cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Despite the Credit Crunch, Cap 1 Still Gives Me A CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Despite the Credit Crunch, Cap 1 Still Gives Me A CLI!

@SherriLynn wrote:
My CapOne will be a year old next month.  Started out with $2,000 and went to $2,500 after credit steps.  I've asked twice for CLI, and got denied... twice.  I thought I could at least get bumped up to $3K.  Maybe after it's birthday they'll raise my CL. 
I wouldn't count on it. From what I can tell, credit limit increases are always based on the information you used to sign up with (income, etc). Those variables are static in their system-- you can't change them. The only variable you can control is making payments on time. Capital one is the only company I know of with such an unsophisticated, outdated way of determining credit limit increases.
As such, if you used capital one to build your credit, the card will not grow with you. Case in point: I now have a bank of america and discover card with credit limits over twice what my pathetic capital one card is at. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.