cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determined to get a solid CapitalOne upgrade!

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Determined to get a solid CapitalOne upgrade!

@ddemari wrote:
Just got a call from the fb team. She looked into my account and saw no offers. But my annual fee is in Oct. And i can calll and have them waive the fee. Blah blah, i know qs1 and qs and pretty much the same but man why cant they just give me the card!

Definitely throwing it in the sock drawer now. I seem to be the only person who cant get facebook team to help me out.

That's disappointing 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 21 of 46
ddemari
Super Contributor

+1 haha. No clue **bleep** is up with them. But its fine i have good credit, better cards and will just let amex and chase take money instead.
Message 22 of 46
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

With your scores and time being a client I think they'd be willing to help you out. That is such a bummer. But as you said, there are better cards out there that you should be able to qualify for. Me, on the other hand, at this moment CO is all I got...haha.

Personal:

Business:

Message 23 of 46
ddemari
Super Contributor

I am thinking it must be something with the underwriting of the card I opened 2 years ago. But then I read and read all these stories of people with the same type of accounts who are able to get pc'd so easily. Its definitely strange to me and I am not holding it againist CapOne, they were there when I needed them. If I really wanted this done, I can email or call the person at EO office's who I dealt with before but ive already wasted a lot of time on this matter. 

I am going to lay low, try back in November and see what they say. 

Message 24 of 46
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Capital One does not do a product change/upgrade for cards that are out of category. The QS MC is an "average" credit card and the QS Visa is an "execellent" card. They won't allow you to upgrade this way. Now, if you have a Venture Card then you can PC to a QS Visa because that is considered a lateral move in product.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 25 of 46
ddemari
Super Contributor

What you are saying makes sense. But there are so many people on here that have upgraded. I think its a YMNV thing
Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

The way i see it, a Journey Visa Card is much better than a QuickSilverOne MasterCard and BOTH have the same FAIR Credit requirements...........The Journey has NO Annual fee and gives you up to 1.25% Cashback you don't have to be a Student to get it, The QuickSilverOne does give you 1.5% Cashback but because they charge $39 Annual fee then you get less money net, a $39 a year fee equals to $3.25 each month just to have the QS1 Card, Even if you were to get let's say $5 Cashback in a month then that's just $1.75 net you are getting because again the QS1 cost you $39 a year and that equals to $3.25 a month...

Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysettle4, i had a Journey Visa Card only for 2 months and i called and CapOne Product Changed the Journey Visa to a Quicksilver Visa........i guess they were able to do it because both Cards are Visa, Even though the Journey Visa is just an Average Card...

Message 28 of 46
ddemari
Super Contributor

You guys are going to think I am bipolar. So I log into capitalone site to pay my bill, I can't help myself but check the check for card offers tab. Never once has there been an offer for me. So I do it tonight after spending all day annoyed cap1 won't pc my old platinum MC's with annual fee qs1 rewards.

Tonight, for the first time ever... Congratulation, you are prequalifed for VentureOne, QuickSilver and Platinum Prestige. 

I couldnt help myself! I apped for Quicksilver, instant 3k approval. I reallly did not need to take those 3 hard pulls right now but oh well. I manage my credit very well.

I was hoping for a 5k approval and signature. Anyone think I can recon this department and see if they will give me 5k? I know cap1 does not reallocate credit lines, but if I tell them through backdoor I would close an account? Would that maybe help? 

Message 29 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that $3K approval Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.