Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diamond Preferred vs Simplicity

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Diamond Preferred vs Simplicity

My goal is to get these two BT cards up(mostly with 6 month soft pull increases). I am willing to take a hard pull for a bigger increase on one of them. In your experience( I know mileage varies) which card has constant BT offers when the intro promo is up?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
axlm
Regular Contributor

Re: Diamond Preferred vs Simplicity

I know Diamond Pref. gets them, aprox. once a year for two relatives of mine.

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 2 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Omg ONCE per year for a card specifically for BTs?????
Message 3 of 8
axlm
Regular Contributor

I can't be completely sure, tho. Maybe I'm a bit confused and they get one offer a year between both cards (they use each other offers when needed Smiley Tongue). One of them is my DW, so I only pay attention when she wants to transfer.

We let one offer pass on her card late last year (maybe January this year) and just took advantage of an offer for 18 months (3% fee) on the other card in May.

Message 4 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I really wish they'd do 24/7 BT offers like Discover. Discover's not even a BT card.

I can't take advantage of my intro 14 months BT on my cards because the limits are so low.
Message 5 of 8
axlm
Regular Contributor

Chase Slate is worse for us: 2 years and  no offers at all...

Message 6 of 8
JSS3
Valued Contributor

*drops mic*

I'm done.
Message 7 of 8
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

I see them all the time on Simplicity card @ reduced Apr. rates like 2.4% or so and for like a yr,they'll run some specials and  that's all fine.. the only problem I would say with a Sim.card is the lack of pcing or product changing it out to another card.. they "Citi" claim the Sim card can't be pc'd or do any regular apr. reductions on acount,since it doesn't have a late fee or any fees associated with it.

Found this out when I wanted to pc to another card,but I have seen on this forum where folks were able to pc to diffenent cards from the Diamond Preferred,, that's just another thing to keep in mind for future references... I'm sure some of the experts here can clarify better for ya..

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.