Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dicks no more!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dicks no more!

I have no problem with the humor but be careful. Others might not be so understanding Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@woodyman100 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

The title of this thread could be so easily misunderstood Smiley Tongue

I kinda suspected the type of comments I would find in this thread based upon the title. Honestly I thought it was about a lender the poster used to not like, but now has decided they do like them!

I'll keep it so once a month I can pull my Dick's out and look at it.

How appropriate... this thread courtesy of woodyman100 Smiley Tongue

herewego.jpg

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had I know this card existed, his would have been my token 2nd store card.  

WHY THE NAME CHANGE?!?! WHYYYYYYYY

Message 13 of 33
nursepower
Frequent Contributor

No more Dicks?
BK DC 10/18/18
Walmart $400 | Target $500 | Playstation Visa $750 | Petco MasterCard ? | Best Buy Visa $2000 | Cap 1Quicksilver $2500 | Ollo $2700 | Kohl's $3000 | Comenity $3200 | Dell $4000 | Skypoint FCU $5000
Last app 6/2/21
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nursepower wrote:
No more Dicks?

image.png

Yeah, it's gone to this all black card with Sportsman written across it. WTH I MISS MY DICK'S 

C'mon. The most aptly named store with the most aptly named credit card and they CUT IT OFF. 

It was a Syncrony card and I know some of us rebuilders work LONG AND HARD TO GET IN.

Stuck with what, Walmart now. That's not ironic. Sadness. No pun here.

Message 15 of 33
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I've only used my Dicks once. Put it in the Slot on the Walmart terminal to meet minimum bonus spend.
I pulled it out when it was spent and put it away.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

True story - when my son was about 12 years old he had to do a project for school. He asked if he could use the computer to search for something for Dick's Sporting Goods. We were in the same room watching TV and all of a sudden he yells "Mom, don't ever search for DICKS on the computer". We still talk about that day occasionally.

Message 17 of 33
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Bahahahaha! My father in law builds golf clubs as a side business. His search for stiff shafts produced similar results.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the jokes have been played out enough.  Let's move along to something else.

Message 19 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think the jokes have been played out enough.  Let's move along to something else.

Folks are just having a light moment... with all the 'serious' money/credit card talk it helps to unwind a bit sometimes.

That being said, this is the 'Credit Card' forum, so we do need to keep the topic specific to the actual Dick's Credit Card.  If we can't get back on that track, this should probably be moved to the SmorgasBoard.

Back to the actual credit card... other than the name, has anything else changed?  I know because it's a MasterCard it's already accepted everywhere MC is accepted, but are there other stores that have promotions related to it?

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.