thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Dicks no more!

Woah, my Dick's Card. Check it out!

Message 21 of 33
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

It's a great card during your birthday month. 10pts per dollar. The other 11 not so much
6 pts per dollar at the 3 participating brands and 1 others everywhere else.
I don't have the schedule on me, but I think a pt is worth a half a cent.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some folks might like Dicks...
Message 23 of 33
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

I'm upset and frustrated that I will no longer be able to get a Dicks Card, I should have got one while it lasted ...
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 24 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Kutuzov wrote:
I'm upset and frustrated that I will no longer be able to get a Dicks Card, I should have got one while it lasted ...

I'm looking at the FAQ page right now, and just as woodyman100 mentioned earlier, the rewards are quite convoluted.  I'm actually struggling to figure out how much it actually pays in rewards... geez.

https://myscorecardaccount.com/FAQCreditCard.aspx?ab=HelpDesk_Credit_FAQs

Message 25 of 33
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Maybe if you're are an engineer all will come along, is for Dicks type of folks only.

Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's only one app, and you either get the store card or the MC.

Store 1pt/$1

MC 2pt/1$

This is for IN STORE ONLY.  They shaft you outside with 1pt/$3.

Counts for Good ole Dicks, Field and Stream and Golf Galaxy.

High ApR.

Birthday Month is super sweet though. 10%!

Edit I cannt spel gud

Message 27 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Store 1pt/$1

MC 2pt/1$

High ApR.

Edit I cannt spel gud

I've never been in any of the three store brands that the store card is good for, but the FAQ mentions in-store kiosks... apparently kiosks are common throughout the stores?

Anyway, they won't take their own store card at kiosks in their own stores, according to the FAQ.  Of course, the MasterCard version is accepted anywhere (including the kiosks).

I guess it might (?) be worth it to use one month a year, and that's if you shopped at one of the three brand stores in person, since the store card also doesn't work for online orders.

I try not to be negative (those of you who've read my past posts will know this) but I'm struggling to find value in this card outside of the cardholder's birth month.  The one 'redeeming quality' that I can think they failed to cover in the FAQ... and that's promotional financing for large-ticket items.  If available, that could 'redeem' this card and give it a purpose. 

Message 28 of 33
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Store 1pt/$1

MC 2pt/1$

High ApR.

Edit I cannt spel gud

I've never been in any of the three store brands that the store card is good for, but the FAQ mentions in-store kiosks... apparently kiosks are common throughout the stores?

Anyway, they won't take their own store card at kiosks in their own stores, according to the FAQ.  Of course, the MasterCard version is accepted anywhere (including the kiosks).

I guess it might (?) be worth it to use one month a year, and that's if you shopped at one of the three brand stores in person, since the store card also doesn't work for online orders.

I try not to be negative (those of you who've read my past posts will know this) but I'm struggling to find value in this card outside of the cardholder's birth month.  The one 'redeeming quality' that I can think they failed to cover in the FAQ... and that's promotional financing for large-ticket items.  If available, that could 'redeem' this card and give it a purpose. 

It's a Dicks CCar, what did you expected. Of course got no use other than once every year ...
Message 29 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Kutuzov wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Store 1pt/$1

MC 2pt/1$

High ApR.

Edit I cannt spel gud

It's a DicksCCar, what did you expected. Of course got no use other than once every year ...

Well, it's also a Synchrony card, and while they are known for their high APRs, they are also generally known to have a 'hidden utility', for example deferred interest promotions are common across most Synchrony cards, and can be quite lucrative for the cardholder. 

I guess I just find it odd that the Dick's card either doesn't have this, or if it does they don't make it easy to find out about it.  Like I mentioned earlier, I've never shopped at any of the stores the card covers, but I know athletic/hunting equipment can be expensive, and this seems like a clear opportunity to help people finance larger-ticket items.

Then again, maybe you're right... maybe I'm looking for more value than I should.

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.